Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 29 April 2013

Softwares for Project Planning


Kailas

As you are aware , I have asked the 7th semester students ( Computer Stream ) of LTIT to  develop the following web sites as their Project Requirements :
Ø  
Two teams of, 3 students+ one faculty guide , will work on each projects
In turn , the teams will receive Guidance / supervision from Shuklendu / Nitin , when desired
Folders containing detailed FUNCTIONAL REQUIREMENTS / SPECIFICATIONS have already been sent to
Ø  Shivanand Satose ( Faculty Member – LTIT )

Ø  Shuklendu

That means , the teams do not need to spend any time / undertake any activity in respect of “ Requirement Gathering Stage “ , during which , Client’s Functional Requirements are compiled and SPECIFICATIONS get written down , in order for “ Client Sign-Off “

But , this being a very different – and a Real-Life , project never before attempted by LTIT students , it is up to us  to lend all possible support / encouragement in order for it to become an achievement of which they can be proud
That support would start with helping them prepare a PROJECT PLAN , which lists ALL activities and estimated time ( Man hours ) to complete each of those activities
Those activities that can be carried out simultaneously ( Parallel Activities ) should be clearly marked as such
For the Sequential Activities , the order / sequence in which each need to be undertaken , should be marked as such

A few months back , you had downloaded some PERT software tool and collaborated with one of our consultants in Pune who developed such a Project PERT CHART
I suggest you send that Chart to Shivanand along with,
Ø  URL of the site from where he can download PERT tool

Ø URL from where he can download MS PROJECT tool
Some more hard-copy documents  that we can think of “ Loaning “ to Shivanand are:
Ø Functional Specifications for OES ( Order Execution System ) – booklet prepared by APPLITECH – Ahmedabad

Ø Functional Specifications for 3P web site – booklet prepared by Cyril
You will find these amongst my box files. When you find these , you may phone up Shivanand on
0-96,19,08,39,39
And enquiry whether he is available at the Institute to receive these

Hcp

CC:  Shivanand
I refer to our telecom this morning

I have already conveyed to Shuklendu , your request to meet him for drawing-up a proper Project Plan. He will be happy to help
You may phone him directly for an appointment
At the same time , I cannot help wondering that next door to you – and within L&T Group – there must be hundreds of extremely competent software professionals , who must be using some kind of Project Planning Software , day in and day out !
Why not rope-in one of those guys ?
These people have designed / developed / launched , some of the most sophisticated / data-base driven web sites in India
Just tell me if you want me to phone Mr Magapu ( L&T Infotec ) for help

No comments:

Post a Comment