Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 27 April 2013

RE:


Dear Ballobhai

Your tribute to Taraben was very touching

Even though , she is not around to read it , I have no doubt , all through those 56 years , she must have experienced your unspoken love for her

I have taken the liberty of sending it to other members of my family

Regards

Batukbhai / Bharati

From: B. D. Bhargava [mailto:bdtara@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2013 11:43 AM
To: Hemen Parekh
Subject:



Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 11:28:06 +0530
Subject: Fwd: The poem I am sending is for Reader's Write page. My wife left us on 5th April. Please do me the favour of publishing it.
It was published today in Times Of Agra.
              WE MISS YOU
One day in the rainy days,
A woman came to my humble abode,
In the lovely guise, of a bride.
To give my home an exotic fragrance,
To give my dreams – sweetness.
Suddenly a wild wave broke over my shoulder
And drowned all my words in my heart.
She stood steadily beneath the roof,
Slowly turned, glanced at my face,
Shyly and with faltering steps,
Came near and sat by my side.
Taking her hands in mine I said –
You do not know me nor do I. you
I wonder what it could mean –
What the future has in store for us?
She said let’s try our best to build bridges
And overcome all hurdles that come in the way.
Between two beings – each to the other unknown,
Thus started a journey on the family path.
Some smiles, some pains, some joys, some sorrows!
Through them we strived with our
Limited means and guidance of the elders,
To chart a course on the journey of our lives,
And tried to build up a good family.
Yes, we had been strict,
Yes I often admonished, but you consoled them.
Yes, but we had always cared and succeeded.
We are really proud of our children’s achievements,
And more so of our grandchildren,
So well brought up and educated.
It is sad that you decided to part, company
With me in our 56th year and though
All our children were present left
Their company, without saying goodbye.
We will miss you but still hope,
You will guide us at all times, and rest in peace.
B.D.Bhargava, D-54, Kamla Nagar, Agra
09219405010



No comments:

Post a Comment