Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 11 April 2013

Gist of our discussions today


Dear Suneet 

It was nice to have met you this afternoon
I was happy to learn that Datawind is making steady progress
During our meeting , we touched upon the following :

Ø  Low usage so far of My Jobs

·         You suggested that I prepare / send you a “ human-interest “ story of actual usage / benefit derived thru use of My Jobs. You said you will try and get it published

·         You said , you plan to enclose with each tablet , a small booklet explaining the usage / benefits of major apps pre-installed ( including My Jobs ) , as was done during first launch in Delhi

·         You promised to consider making a pointed reference to “ My Jobs “ on the home-page of Datawind web site. Last year , I had requested you to place a link , to be called , “ FREE JOB ALERTS thru MY JOBS “ on your home page , where you have listed 9 items under “ Ubislate Series Tablets “ heading

·         You will also examine the possibility of giving more prominence to My Jobs icon , on “ Apps “ screen of the tablet itself

Ø  HP Labs getting out of the picture

·         I mentioned that , HP Lab’s India operations are wound up. They will continue to support My Jobs for another 4/6 weeks only. Tomorrow , I will discuss with Shuklendu , re re-developing My Jobs which is independent of HP Labs

Ø  “ Resume Blaster “ App
   
·         You asked me to check-up with Amit whether he has already started pre-installing this App on all Datawind products. You said , you will inquire about this when you meet Amit on Monday


Ø  Airpush Ad Network

·         You felt that their “ rates “ ( of $ 5 / 7 / 10 per CPM ) for developers seem very attractive. Tomorrow , I will discuss this with Shuklendu when I visit his office in morning. At that time , we will call-up Amit for his advice re switching over to Airpush for both the Apps and discontinue InMobi
With regards

hemen

No comments:

Post a Comment