Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 25 July 2024

MASS EMAILING

 Sandeep – Sanjivani ,

 

 

Below find my chat with ChatGPT

 

Unless you have some reservations , starting TO DAY , pl implement the plan suggested by ChatGPT

 

If adding those EXTRA PRECAUTIONARY  FEATURES suggested by ChatGPT ( Opt in / Unsubscribe etc ) , are likely to take time , then let me know WHEN can you start – also what would that involve

 

Hcp

 

 

 

I asked :

 

Good Morning , ChatGPT :

 

Earlier, I have shared with you, details of my latest portal www.My-Teacher.

 

In our chat , I had pointed out the risk of getting my Domain Server getting black-listed , if I continue to promote it by mass emailing and asked for your suggestions re alternate methods of promotion

 

You were kind enough to suggest various methods by which I can promote it .

 

I am in the process of implementing some of these

 

In the meantime, someone mentioned that one of the criteria used for deciding whether mass emails going out from same address are to be treated as SPAM or not is :

 

“ Is there a sudden PEAK in the numbers of emails going out ? “

 

In other words , if there is a GRADUAL – SMALL – INCREEMENTAL , activity , then it is likely to be treated as a NORMAL BUSINESS PROCESS , and unlikely to be treated as SPAM – and run the risk of getting blacklisted

 

Do you think such interpretation is plausible ?

 

If so , could I start by sending out ( say ) 1,000 emails on DAY 1 , and then keep increasing this number by ( say ) 100 additional each day ?

 

On DAY 2 , addition of 100 extra mails may look like a 10 % increase but when the number reaches 2,000 , then the increase would be only 5 % on the preceding day

 

 

Please let me know if I could go ahead with such a plan

 

 

 

ChatGPT  replied :

 

 

Good morning!

 

The strategy of gradually increasing the number of emails sent each day is indeed a plausible way to avoid being flagged as spam.

 

Email service providers (ESPs) and spam filters often look for sudden spikes in email volume as a potential indicator of spammy behavior.

 

A gradual increase can help simulate normal business operations and reduce the risk of your emails being marked as spam.

 

Here's a more detailed approach you could consider:

 

1.            Start Small: Begin with a conservative number, such as 500-1,000 emails on Day 1.

 

2.            Incremental Increases: Increase the number of emails sent each day by a small percentage. Your example of increasing by 100 additional emails each day is a good start.

 

 

3.            Monitor Engagement: Track the open rates, click-through rates, and unsubscribe ratesHigh engagement and low complaint rates can signal to ESPs that your emails are legitimate.

 

4.            Quality Content: Ensure that your emails provide valuable content and are relevant to the recipients. Personalize your emails as much as possible.

 

 

5.            Opt-In List: Use a double opt-in process to ensure that recipients want to receive your emails. This can improve engagement and reduce spam complaints.

 

6.            Respect UnsubscribesPromptly remove anyone who unsubscribes from your email list.

 

 

7.            AuthenticationImplement email authentication protocols like SPF, DKIM, and DMARC to increase the credibility of your emails.

 

Here’s an example of a gradual increase plan:

 

  • Day 1: 1,000 emails
  •  
  • Day 2: 1,100 emails (10% increase)
  •  
  • Day 3: 1,200 emails (9% increase)
  •  
  • Day 4: 1,300 emails (8.3% increase)
  •  
  • Day 5: 1,400 emails (7.7% increase)
  •  
  • ...
  • Day 10: 1,900 emails (5.6% increase)
  •  
  • Day 15: 2,400 emails (4.3% increase)

 

By gradually increasing the volume, you are less likely to trigger spam filters.

 

Additionally, consider segmenting your email list and targeting smaller groups with highly relevant content, which can also improve your email deliverability and engagement rates.

No comments:

Post a Comment