Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 1 April 2016

TIME TO RETURN TO THE SOCIETY


Dear Colleagues All ,

For me , it is now , time to return to the society thru my slogan, " Jobs for All = Peace on Earth "

In phase one ,I would like to start by working for , " Jobs for all in India " and invite / request your support in this effort

I summarize below , the efforts / contributions so far and the future road map


Last monday , Kartavya / Pascal tried to revive this parsing software and succeeded partially.
Hopefully , they will complete the task today ( SQL 2000 ? )
If they succeed, Dinesh will host this on a local server and test out
If successful , he will try to incorporate the parsing software in www.aasaanjobs.com
He wants to incorporate our old idea of parsing a text resume , creating a structured database ( Submit Resume Form ) - then sending email link/ password to that guy to login and complete missing fields / edit wrongly extracted fields
Idea is to lure the jobseekers by offering " Registration " with minimum effort , without having to fill in a long form
If successful , I will make available to Dinesh some 64 lakh text resumes that we had purchased from someone , long time back



Last evening , with help from Nitin , Kailas tried to re-host these
Hopefully , these should be up and running by today evening
That would enable Dinesh to test out its various features and decide which ones are worth incorporating in aasaanjobs

Ultimately , GlobalRecruiter should create a MOTHER job portal , which can enable thousands of entrepreneurs / start ups to be able to launch their own , local ( but Global ) job portals , within 30 minutes !

Resume Rater ( Tool )

I have already given the software to Dinesh
As soon as IndiaRecruiter starts working online , he should be able to " link up " IndiaRecruiter and Resume Rater ( Resume Rater cannot work without IndiaRecruiter being online )

In Box Reader  /  GuruGem ( earlier called , Harvester ? )

Kailas believes both of these should start working as soon as Sachin brings the old Oracle machine from Lok Bharati and connects these tools . Sachin will do this today


I have given these handwritten notes to Dinesh , who will study , then decide whether aasaanjobs wants to develop these as online / offline " offerings "

If aasaanjobs are not interested , then I will approach some other parties for implementing these

I firmly believe that these have the potential to " disrupt the online Recruitment Industry "

Next week , V Srinivas ( www.cibr.in / Hyderabad ) is coming to meet me to take my help in launch of his proposed job portal , exclusively devoted to " girls / ladies "

#   Mobile App " My Jobs "

We have the complete software / documentation sent to us by Geetha Manjunath ( HP Labs )
Sometime back , Shuklendu had mooted the idea of combining both, " My Jobs " and our current app , " Resume Blaster " into one app

I will explore if anyone is interested in taking this up

Order Execution System ( OES )

I have given to Kartavya , Applitech folder containing Functional Specifications along with some notes
Kartavya will examine if ATIDAN wants to re-cast / re-develop this , either as an online offering or as an offline enterprise tool

This is a very ADVANCED version of an ATS ( Applicant Tracking System ) , with built in features , which , after sufficient data , can become , somewhat of an EXPERT SYSTEM !

Job Market Predictive Analytics

We have , over past 10 years , compiled a massive / structured database of some 5 Million job advts , received from leading job portals as RSS feeds

If subjected to BIG DATA analysis , these can become a very powerful predictive tool for the Indian Job Market . Besides being of immense immediate use to Jobseekers and the Employers , it could be provide very valuable inputs to Colleges and NITI Aayog / HRD Ministry / Labour Ministry etc

Kartavya has promised to look at it at some future date when resources permit

I am very excited - and hopeful - that with cooperation / collaboration among us ( and partners who may join us in future ) , we will succeed in changing the Online Recruitment Industry

I am acutely conscious that all of you have to make money in order to survive and grow

But , it is entirely possible to SERVE the Society in our own small ways , even as we make money

If there are any questions , feel free to ask me or take help from each other and certainly keep everyone informed of what you are working on ( from the above mentioned projects ) , so that there is cooperation and duplication can be avoided

with regards,

hcp





No comments:

Post a Comment