Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 1 June 2013

RE: Reconnecting


Dear Naveenbhai


Nirmit told me about your visit. He also gave me the brochures of “ Undergrad Abroad Planner

If it is ok with you , can we meet in my office on next Wednesday at 10 am ?

For over 10 years now , I have pulled out of day-to-day operations of 3P. Nirmit manages everything

I have kept myself busy with my obsession of developing Online Recruitment Portals

The first was www.3pjobs.com ( launched on 14 Nov 1997 ) – now renamed www.3pConsultants.co.in

www.StrategicHr.co.in , which followed , also survives

However , the following few got launched and got closed , within short periods :


For the last 2 years , I am focused on growing www.CustomizeResume.com

About 18 months back , I launched a Android Mobile App , “ My Jobs “ , which HP Labs – Bangalore developed for me , free of cost

Then 3 months back , I launched another Mobile App , “ Resume Blaster “ , which I am now busy promoting

You will see these described on www.CustomizeResume.com

For getting , “ My Jobs “ pre-loaded on their Mobile phones , I had approached quite a few Smart phone / tablet manufacturers , including Videocon , who replied as follows :


·         "Dear Hemen,
     Your application is good but we do not want to preload it with our phone because We do not want
to preload too many applications in our phones since we want to give flexibility to customers
to download and delete as per their wish.
     Let us look for some other opportunity for collaboration.
     Thanks for your support."
Khalid Zamir, Videocon Mobiles (Feb 21,2013)


To which , I replied :


Dear Khalid


Many thanks for writing :

Ø “ Your application is good…… “
Ø “ Let us look for some other opportunity for collaboration “

I appreciate your views about giving your customers “ flexibility “ in the matter of Apps

As far as I am concerned , it turns out that “ My Jobs “ was not an app that you just cannot refuse !

No problem . In 3 or 4 weeks, I will return with our next app, “ Resume Blaster “, which will enable a jobseeker to blast his resume to over 90,000 companies located in 665 towns of India

He will be able to select all companies within a specific Industry or all companies in a given town or any specific company by its name

And blast for FREE ! Our sever will deliver his resume

Then in 6 to 8 weeks , our Company Database will grow to 700,000 + companies

Perhaps , you are aware that , today , major job-portals charge , anywhere between Rs 1,500 /- to Rs 3,000/- for sending a candidate’s resume to 1500 companies

Talking of some other opportunities to collaborate , only limitation is our “ Imagination

Many years back , when Videocon came out with an “ Internet TV “ , we signed up as your partner and my earlier web site URL was pre-installed on your TV. You even sent me a TV for experimentation ! But then Videocon did not pursue that project

I had even conceptualized a special REMOTE ( for this TV ), which would essentially serve as a “ Mouse “ to navigate my job site on Videocon TV

If desired , I can find and send you my notes on the subject

Videocon is in an enviable position because, you have :

Ø Hardware Platform

# Smart phone ( 3” screen )

# Tablet          ( 7 “ screen )

# TV               ( 21” screen )


Ø Delivery Platform


# DTH

# Digital Cable ? ( I am not sure )

# MSP


Why cannot job alerts which are “ perfectly matched with the resume of a candidate “ , be delivered,

Ø On whatever hardware he wants ( 3” / 7” / 21” )

Ø Thru whichever “ Delivery Service “ he chooses ( ISP / MSP / Cable / DTH etc )

Ø Whenever he wants ( at home / at office / on the bus )


Already now , most gadgets have own IP addresses

Soon everything will have an IP address (IP V.6 )

Data ( what a job alert really is ) will move seamlessly across all platforms and all delivery channels

2 years back , I had sent proposals to a few TV Channels to launch a “ Job Alert Channel “ to be powered by RecruitGuru

If Videocon is interested , I can send you full proposal

I would be happy to come over for a discussion , if desired

With regards

Hemen

(M) 0-98,67,55,08,08



TV- internet marriage awaits blessings of all “ :

[ The blending of television and the Internet is inevitable. But will it happen in concert with the major cable and satellite distributors, or in spite of them ?

All involved know that connecting the Internet to television and vice-versa could solidify the distributors’ place in the food chain – or greatly erode it.

We want to use all this technology to make a better consumer experience “, Glenn Britt, chief executive of Time Warner Cable, said in an interview after speaking on stage here.

A better experience, it stands to reason, will help Time Warner Cable and other cable companies retain customers, protecting the lucrative subscription TV business from the prospect of cord-cutting. ]

In Job Alert Channel, we are talking of a marriage of

Ø  TV          ( BigTV DTH )

Ø  Internet  ( www.Bigtv.co.in )

Ø  Cable      ( Digicable )

Ø  Mobile     ( Reliance Mobile )



Rest , let us discuss when we meet

Regards

Hemen parekh

0-98,67,55,08,08

From: Naveen Mandhana [mailto:mandhana.naveenkumar@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2013 3:09 PM
To: Hemen Parekh
Subject: Reconnecting

Hare Krsna.....
Few days ago I visited ur new office to meet Nirmit and introduce my 2nd son Raghav.Then we started talking abt u .
I wud like to come and meet u and catch up abt what all u hv been doing.
Nirmit may hv told u that abt 2 yrs ago I retired fm Videocon ...and together with my elder son Dr   NeerajI am involved in building his new biz of career guidance fr teenagers.
Let me what suits u ...I can come to ur office or resi whatever is comfortable to u.
warm regards
naveen mandhana
99200-80864



No comments:

Post a Comment