Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 28 June 2013

" Post A Comment" Box in blogging site


Kailas

This morning , while going thru site , I came across a ( Welcome ? ) anomaly !
Normally , below each blog , inside a black strip , there is a link “ No Comments
Clicking on this reveals the “ Post A Comment “ heading with the comment box becoming visible
If however , let us say there are 2 comments already posted , then , instead of “ No Comments “ , it will read “ Two Comments “ – clicking of which will reveal those comments , along with the comment box ( check this out )
This  arrangement is fairly common on many blogging sites
Now the anomaly :
Go to,
Notes > 1986 > Dec > Suggestion scheme / Conservation of Electric Power / Sun rises in the West  ….etc
Here , you will find that below each blog , the “ Post A Comment “ box is ALREADY OPEN !
No need to click on “ No Comments “ link to open the box !

I have seen this OPEN INVITATION arrangement on a few blogging sites
I think this is a great idea
By revealing the Comment Box up front ( without having to figure out where it is hidden and how to locate it ) , the visitor would be motivated to post his comments
On internet , no one has time to experiment / search / figure out , anything !
I request you to make this change on ALL the pages ( existing and future ) and adopt it as a STANDARD PRACTICE
If you need any help from Shivanand , he should be available at LTIT on Monday. Of course , you may contact Shuklendu for help , if you are in a hurry
We will NOT send out those 25,000 Senior Executive promo emails till we have carried out this change

hcp

No comments:

Post a Comment