Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 5 June 2013

B2B Vs B2C Comparison


Dear Shivanand

If you take a close look , you will conclude that B2B and B2C sites are nearly identical
Not only in respect of design of their U/I ( look and feel of web pages ) but also in terms of underlying algorithms / databases / displays / statistics etc
The only difference comes in page, “ Create Mailing Lists
In these pages , not only the databases are different (  approx 4 lakh Recipient Companies in case of B2B  Vs  47 lakh jobseekers in case of B2C ) , but the methods of selection ( to generate Mailing Lists ) , are also different
The best way to discover / list their Similarities and their Differences , is to prepare a Comparative Statement as follows :


Page Name……………. ………                   Design Similarity……………………. Software Code Similarity


Ø Home Page

Ø For Whom

Ø Register

Ø Compose Message

Etc

If you reach a conclusion that both sites are “ Nearly Identical “ , then it means , two teams need not “ Duplicate “ design effort and they can use the SAME software code for both sites
In fact , both teams can actually work like a SINGLE team of 6 students and distribute development work amongst them to avoid duplication
In turn , such division of work will ensure that both the sites are ready for testing ( by Sentient Systems ) by end Sept !
If this schedule is to be adhered to , then , I believe it would be necessary for me to meet the team and review the progress once-a-week , on a day of your choice
I have no problem to come over to LTIT for such a Review Meetings
Pl prepare , before this weekend ,Comparative Statement as suggested , discuss with your  teams , create team member wise , “ List of Activities ( with Completion Dates against each activity ).
Regards
hcp

No comments:

Post a Comment