Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 7 April 2015

A FEW URGENT CHANGES


Nitin / Shuklendu :

For some time now , I have felt that one reason for visitors abandoning filling-up of our REGISTRATION form is that it is a bit cumbersome / confusing !

Since I myself shy away from such forms on many other web sites , I can empathize with our own visitors

For designing such a " daunting " form , I must blame myself !

Like most other " Form Designers " , I too got carried away with a desire to capture as much INFO ( about a subscriber ) , as possible

This got further complicated by our desire to enable even " Self Employed " to be able to use B2B

Now , in page write-up for " Influence Policy Makers " , I am inviting Government Officers / Ministers / MPs / MLAs ..etc , to also come forward / register and use this page

Under which category of " Organization Nature " could they possibly " register " ?

They should be able to identify themselves clearly with some specific item in the drop list of " Org . Nature "

Only then , they would believe that this " Policy Influencing Platform " recognizes them for what they are

To enable such " identification " , I suggest we add the following new categories to the drop list of " Org. Nature ":
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>     Self Employed ( simultaneously , we remove this from the sub-category under " Business / Company " )

>    Public Servants

>    Elected Representatives

>    Freelancers

>    Non-specified / Others

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To further SIMPLIFY , I suggest following :

>    Under " Org. Nature " , in only one case ( viz: Business / Company ) , there will be droplist of " Org Type ",
      consisting of ... Proprietary / Partnership / Private Limited / Public Limited.......

>   We also remove / eliminate " Industry ( Max 3 ) " drop lists for ALL categories ( of " Org Nature " ) , other than
     the  " Business / Company "

     This means , the currently appearing " Industry ( Max 3 ) " , drop lists will get eliminated for :

     #   Government Departments / Agencies / Statutory Bodies
     #   Educational Institutions
     #   NGO
    #    Charitable Trusts
    #    Political Party


I further suggest total elimination of fields for :

>   Number of Employees
>   Year Established

On top of that , let us make " Company Profile " , as VOLUNTARY ( no more Mandatory ) . In any case , this does not apply in case of many such as " Self Employed " and for those NEW " Org Nature " categories that I have proposed above

That brings up the next question :

In case of many Organizations ( eg ; NGO / Trusts / Govt Depts / Freelancers / Public Servants / Elected Representatives ..etc etc ) , that field ,  " I am Interested in / Responsible For " , does NOT make any sense !

It makes sense ONLY for Org Nature = Business / Company  !

So , let us not " force / compel "   these other Organizations to select this

Either we put this NOTE , or re-arrange the fields in such a way that this field will POP - UP , only if a visitor selects his " Org Nature = Business / Company "

Of all the changes suggested above , the only one that needs to be introduced along with page " Influence Policy Makers " is :

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>  Adding to " Org Nature " drop list , the following NEW categories :

   >     Self Employed ( simultaneously , we remove this from the sub-category under " Business / Company " )

>       Public Servants

>      Elected Representatives

>      Freelancers

>     Non-specified / Others

---------------------------------------------

Rest of the changes may be taken up , after the uploading of page " Influence Policy Makers "

This will simultaneously require a minor change in the page write-up , which I can tell Satish , when he shows the U/I to me on TeamViewer

If required , I would be happy to come over for a personal discussion , at any time

hcp

No comments:

Post a Comment