Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 9 October 2014

B2B PRIORITIES


Shuklendu / Nitin ,


I refer to our meeting in your office yesterday

I may have not noticed at that time , but is it that the " Search Parameters " in both , " World-Wide-Wall " , and the " Message Search " pages are the SAME , viz:

>   Message Type

>   Industry

>  Country  ?


Is the only difference :

>  In case of WWW , we store / display , only the UPLOADED messages

whereas ,

>  In case of Message Search , we store / display ALL the messages  ?

If this is the case , then I wonder whether it is worthwhile to have TWO different pages , with only a MARGINAL difference between the two ! Visitors may not even realize / notice this SMALL difference !

If so , would it not be much better to have only ONE page ( we may still call it World-Wide-Wall ), where

>  By default , we store / display ALL messages on this page

>  Forget the very concept of " pro-actively " selecting of a few messages which a subscriber consciously decides to
    upload

>  Do away with the check-boxes for " Upload " and " Remove "

>  May be ( like on all FREE CLASSIFIED WEB SITES ) , automatically delete any message which is 30 days old and which , the subscriber has failed to " Re-New "

>  May be ( again like some free classified sites ) , introduce the concept whereby , the  Subscriber can login to his own ADMIN page where all of his LIVE MESSAGES ( less than 30 days old since last RE-NEWAL date ) are arranged in the descending order of EXPIRY DATES , and can Re-New all of these for another 30 days , with a single click
( I am aware of one such site which , I was regularly using for over 2 years . I will send you the details to take a look at its U/I )

In fact , whenever I returned to this ADMIN page for renewal , I could see against each of my Message/Ad ,a number showing , " how many visitors had seen / viewed it " !

I religiously returned to this page , every week and renewed ALL , even if some were posted only one week ago and not due for expiry for another 3 weeks ! Ensured " Repeat " visits !

Not only on the ADMIN page , but even on the PUBLIC page , the " No of Times Viewed " counter appeared on each and every message , whenever any Message/Ad got displayed to any visitor , during search

If the no was high , it prompted the visitor to click/open that Ad , out of sheer curiosity !

Pl phone me what you think

hcp




No comments:

Post a Comment