Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 17 August 2013

Status Report of B2B / B2C web sites


Dear Damahe

I refer to our discussion re this yesterday
As pointed out , the progress on the project is very disappointing !
This is apparent from my attached PROGRESS  REPORT
If the project has to be completed by end Sept ( as desired by Shivanand ) , then it can only be achieved by the students – and the Faculty Guides – putting in many more hours , not only during week-days but also on Saturdays /Sundays
I am not against the students installing the desired soft wares on their residence PCs / Laptops and working from home but my past experience tells me this just does not work  - even if you distribute amongst the 7 students , the development of 24 pages
There is a lot of “ interdependence “ between the pages , which will require continuous consultations amongst , not only the students but also between Shivanand / Shashank / Shuklendu
As far as I can see , this is possible only if the students and Guides work from LTIT on Saturday / Sunday
Some more observations :

Ø Development of each page must be made the responsibility of ONE student , who will be held ACCOUNTABLE for its timely completion

Ø For each page completion , there must be a very definite TARGET DATE

Ø Target Completion Dates must be based on the interdependence between the pages . It is quite possible that page X cannot be completed unless page Y is completed first

Ø The target completion dates must be BOLDLY displayed on a white board in the H/W lab , indicating the name of the concerned student

Ø There must be a REVIEW by the guides , at least twice-a-week

Ø Asawari may want to join the weekly review meeting

Ø It may still not be too late to employ MS PROJECT , with Sept End as target date and work backwards

Ø Some time must be allowed for assembling and connecting with the online databases and for online testing by several users simultaneously to simulate real life conditions

Ø Whereas Shuklendu could guide over the phone , you may consider seeking across-the-table guidance from someone in L&T  Infotech

Ø Above everything else , this project must be attempted in the context of what the Industry would expect of the students when they take up their first job.

Ø The timely / successful execution of this project will enable the students to face the job-interviews with confidence


I would appreciate your confirmation re timely completion of the project after you have an opportunity to review it with all concerned

Regards

hcp


No comments:

Post a Comment