Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 26 August 2013

RE: Hello


Dear Ballobhai

Thanks for taking time to go thru my site  www.hemenparekh.in

Anokhee / Aneree were here to celebrate my 80th birthday. Anokhee's email id is in cc..She is teaching English language to 10th/ 12th standard students at Ethelburga University ( York - UK )

We will talk once you are back in India

In the meantime , kindly pass-on the following message to Hemant

Regards

Batukbhai

--------------------------------------------------

Dear Hemant

I write to seek your help

Background :

>   When I was with L&T , I sat up L&T Institute of Technology , which offers Diploma Level ( 8 Semesters ) courses in Mech / Elec / Computer Engg

>   I am on its Managing Council since its inception in 1982

>   Recently , I have assigned development of 2 web sites ( B2BmessageBlaster  /  B2CmessageBlaster ) to Computer stream students as their 7th semester project . These web sites are expected to be launched in Oct 2013

>   One of LTIT lecturer , Ms Rohini Damahe , has just started her graduate studies with a local Engg college

>   She has chosen Data Mining , as her project ( to be completed by April 2014 )

>   For this project , I have asked her to use a database of approx 5 Million Job Advts ( sample attached ) on my web site ,  www.CustomizeResume.com

>   Objective of Data Mining Project , will be :

   *  Develop trends / patterns re: how some 50,000 Indian Companies advertize their vacancies over the past 6 years

   *  Develop " IF xxx , THEN yyy " type of Decision-Rules

   *  Develop a Prediction Model , which would allow a visitor ( to my web site ) to check-out the probabilities of , WHO ( which company ) , will advertise WHAT ( vacancy / position ) and WHEN ( next time )


   * Enable any subscribing recruiting company executive to just type out " POSITION / VACANCY " in the online JOB-POST form , and see the rest of the fields get filled automatically , with most likely " Values " , based on his own past advts or past advts posted by his competitor companies ( INDUSTRY  )

Now , I have no clue how Data Mining Soft wares work ! I am not sure even Rohini has any clear ideas about the same ( although , I have asked her to refer to Google's N-GRAM project (of 5 million books ) , which is based on Frequency of Occurrence of keywords appearing in 5 million books published over past 100 years.

I would appreciate if you have any words of advice on how Rohini should approach this project - as also , if there are any ready software package that LTIT could purchase online for this purpose

I write because I believe you are teaching AI at some University . Which ?

I hope , I am not unduly imposing on your time


With regards


Batuk Uncle



 
-----------------------------
  




-----Original Message-----
From: BD Bhargava [mailto:bdtara@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2013 9:49 PM
To: Hemen Parekh
Subject: Fwd: Hello

Some typing mistakes were there, corrected the,.
>
> My dear Battuck Bhai,
> Saw your site about on line voting, good idea but what are the chances about its misuse, of course, I am not an expert so can't say. Other sites don't interest me as I am not an employer and expert.
> Where is Anokhee these days and what is she doing? Send me her email id too.
> So you are also on your way to reach a good goal, Tara also would have celebrated the same in November had she been there.
> I am these days at Hemant's place, would be leaving back for India on 1st September.
> With best wishes to you all,
> Ballo Bhai
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment