Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 23 August 2013

RE: View Point


Sanjivani

Main Page of Thin Line

Please add right at the top , following write-up on the Main Page of Thin Line , before uploading


23 Aug 2013



Dear Performance Appraisers  :

In most companies , managers are required to first assess the performance of their subordinates during the course of past year – then based on that , decide annual awards ( promotions / increments / salary-freeze etc )

But in most companies , most of the subordinates believe that the managers have already decided in advance whom to promote / grant double increments etc , and then tweak the ritual of performance appraisal accordingly , in order to justify their decisions . Like first shooting and then drawing circles around the hole – a perfect bull’s eye !

If you do not believe me , get a third-party outside consultant to conduct an anonymous “ Opinion Poll “ in your company

Is there a way out of this , mostly “ Confrontational / Denial “ exercise ?

My following note ( some 43 year old ! ) addressed to the managers of L&T Switchgear Factory , might help you

hemen parekh



THIN LINE
  

From: Sanjivani Kadam
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2013 3:02 PM
To: Hemen Parekh
Subject: View Point

Dear Sir,

As per our Telecommunication I am Sending you Word File of View Point as per your requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanjivani

No comments:

Post a Comment