Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 15 December 2015

RE: L&T


Dear Luis,


At the outset , my apologies for not responding to your earlier email . May be , I lost it somewhere in the deluge of mails that I get everyday ! But no excuse !

Where can I lay my hand on " The Power of E " ?

I don't know what is its format but , in any case , I would love to have you contribute real life incidences to " L&T Story " on my blogging site

If , crowd-sourcing works in this project , it could become a trend-setter for Corporate Histories

regards,

hcp

From: Luis Vas [mailto:luissrvas@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 4:29 PM
To: Hemen Parekh
Subject: L&T

Dear Mr. Parekh 

Further to my mail titled Do you remember me, I wish to add that post retirement L&T continued to give me various assignments. The last major assignment was to coordinate with Bachi Karkaria of The Times of India who was hired to write a  history of L&T. I arranged for her meeting with all the bosses and provided her with all the material she needed. She completed it in 2010 but it took L&T 2 more years to revise it for publication. By that time it had already become outdated. I was asked to update it, which I did ending up writing about 1/5 th of the book. It is titled THE POWER OF E.

Regards

Luis.


No comments:

Post a Comment