Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 12 December 2015

FW: Dialogue With Authors


FYI


From: Sachin Olkar [mailto:systemadmin@3pconsultants.co.in]
Sent: Saturday, December 12, 2015 9:34 AM
To: Hemen Parekh
Subject: Re: Dialogue With Authors

Dear Sir,
Good Morning & Happy weekend.
Yeah camscanner is a mobile app. Easily available in google play store. When I go for download camscanner.apk from your provided link pop up on my mobile screen this file may be harmful for your device.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Sanjivani / Sachin,


Take a look at this " CamScanner" . Is it a mobile app ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sanjivani :

Pl explain to Sachin / Prashant , what process you are following to scan/upload " Book Extracts " on my blogger site

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I handwrote , notes for only 3 books , out of , perhaps 200 books in our library

Even if I have made handwritten remarks ( in the margins ) on 100 pages in each book , that would mean ,

200*100 = 20,000 pages ( carrying my remarks ) !

It is just not possible to " type out " , those remarks , in order to upload on www.hemenparekh.in > Dialogues with Authors

But ,

Can we take " photo images " of those pages ( carrying my handwritten remarks in the margins ) and then upload those " scanned " images ?

Question :

What is better method , to scan a page from those books ?

" CamScanner " or our regular scanning machine in our office ?

For what " applications " ( or , under what circumstances ) ,would a CamScanner be better than a regular scanning machine ?

I believe , CamScanner ( App ) , has a built-in OCR ( Optical Character Reading ) software , which would convert image into a WORD document , which then becomes searchable on " Keywords " ( but not those handwritten remarks ! )

Does our office scanning machine have such a built-in OCR software ?

If you feel like , seek advice from Prashant , for finalizing the BEST / IDEAL method , to implement " Dialogue with Authors " section

hcp

No comments:

Post a Comment