Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 14 December 2015

FW: DaniWeb Digest for hcparekh


Shuklendu  /  Nitin,


This could be of interest

hcp

From: DaniWeb Community [mailto:community@daniwebmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 14, 2015 6:54 AM
To: hcp@recruitguru.com
Subject: DaniWeb Digest for hcparekh

Monthly Community Digest

Build something amazing with Dazah

As many of you may know, Dani recently created Dazah, a business-oriented social messaging platform. She just this week finished building an API for it, and would now like to reach out to the DaniWeb community for your help in innovating and building the first generation of apps for the platform.
According to the Dazah API documentation:
Dazah is a business-oriented social messaging platform designed as a lead generation tool. At its core is a sophisticated matching algorithm which has been designed to learn and adapt over time to efficiently match its users based on complementary professional goals. While Dazah's primary objective is to serve as a web-based means for B2B customer acquisition, our API has been designed to offer the ability out-of-the-box to, not only perform every function of the website, but additionally create your own social network grouping users with similar interests, realtime private messaging platform, public or private group chat, meetup group / event organization tool, searchable directory of professionals, user matching system, and so much more. Build your application on top of a robust platform comprised entirely of business professionals open to new opportunities, or seamlessly integrate into your existing application.

Get started today!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the December 2015 edition of our community newsletter, the DaniWeb Digest. As another year draws to a close, nobody could accuse DaniWeb of standing still. This year has been one of great change, in particular to the look of the site with the introduction of a new interface that implements a tagging system rather than the forum-based structure of old, but the 'feel' of our wonderful community stays just as positive and helpful as ever. As usual at this time of year, we would like to thank our team of dedicated and entirely volunteer moderators which continue to do an incredible job of looking after our members and ensuring they get the help they need when they need it. Likewise, our great leader, the Queen of DaniWeb, Dani herself has done exactly what we have come to expect: the tweaking behind the scenes that help to improve the site and keep delivering the user experience the members want and deserve. Most of all though, it is you the members we would like to thank. Without your support by way of questions asked, answers given and discussions held there would be no DaniWeb. Without your code snippets, your chat and your community spirit we would not exist. So, here's a big thank you one and all for everything you have done in 2015; and here's hoping for an even better 2016. Happy Holidays everyone, no matter where in the world you may be:
Joyeuses Fêtes - Felices Fiestas - Trevlig Helg - Boas Festas - Mutlu Bayramlar - Sarbatori Fericite - Jie Ri Yu Kuai - Bones Festes - Tanoshii kurisumasu wo - Buone Feste - Ii holide eximnandi - Forhe Feiertage - Prettige feestdagen - Hau'oli Lanui - Beannachtaí na Féile - Vesele Praznike - Selamat Hari Raya - Sretni praznici!

Member of the Month

The latest entrant to the DaniWeb Hall of Fame is Doogledude123 who has been a member of the DaniWeb community for three years now and during that time has achieved an almost impossible post quality score of 100% across nearly 350 contributions. If that were not enough, he's also built up 45 reputation points which puts him in the top 500 DaniWeb members by reputation alone. Doogledude123 also sits just outside the top 200 when it comes to Skill & Expertise Endorsements, not bad out of 1.2 million registered members! For the most part, you can find this impressive member hanging around in the software development category. OK, enough of the waffle, it's time to discover a little more about the person behind the username...
Where were you born, where do you live now and where would you most like to live?
I was born in a small city near Ottawa, Ontario in Canada. I currently reside in Kingston ON and I'd like to live in Perth Australia with my beautiful fiancee.
How old are you, what is your occupation, what's the worse job you've ever done and what would be your fantasy job?
I am 20 years old and I work at Best Buy. I've always been fascinated by computers since I can remember, always taking them apart to see how they worked. I've been a programmer since I was 8 years old and I have to say that programming would be my fantasy job. More specifically, programming games and applications.
What is your favorite OS, what do you like best about it and what stinks?
I've always enjoyed the simplicity of Windows, but I've always wanted to get into Linux although I've found it to be difficult to use as my main OS. I like that it's basically the main targeted OS for applications and games. I upgraded to Windows 10 day 1 and I find that theres still some bugs in there, pretty big ones that just annoy the hell out of me.
What first brought you to DaniWeb and why did you stay here?
When I first found DaniWeb, I was looking for a community that would really push me in the right direction and give real world advice based off of real world experience. Ever since I joined DaniWeb I have become a better programmer and have extended my knowledge onto other languages and I really believe that is because of the great community here at DaniWeb.
What do you think of the new DaniWeb design?
I love the new design! It has a great new modern look. I have had some issues with it, but I've expressed my concerns about it in the Community Feedback subforum and some of these issues have already been addressed.
What would you change about DaniWeb if you could?
I think DaniWeb needs more professional coders for each language to monitor (as a Moderator) and help in giving advice to those who need it. I think this would benefit because I think the people asking for the help would feel comfortable knowing they're getting the best advice. Also, I think Chat could be an amazing tool if only it was used more.
Do you have a favorite place to hang on DaniWeb and why?
I love just browsing the software development category and seeing what everyone is programming. I love programming challenges that come out of them.
Which DaniWeb member would you most like to meet 'in real life' and why?
*Hands down, JamesCherrill. By far he has given me the most help and advice and I truly appreciate that. If I could pick two, I would also like to meet Dani! *
What is the most memorable interaction you've had in the DaniWeb forums, or by PM, in the time you have been a part of the community?
I remember not too long after I joined when I first encountered JamesCherrill, he had something along the lines of "Please remember to mark you're question as solved" as his signature and I thought of how helpful that really was, so I changed my signature to match his, giving him credit of course.
What are your interests outside of IT and outside of DaniWeb?
*I love spending time with those who matter to me, I'm the kind of person who doesn't have many friends, but the ones I do have are what others consider as best friends. I love going for walks and longboarding. I just started GeoCaching over the summer and I have to say I'm really enjoying that right now too. *
Your DaniWeb Username: hcparekh (Member Profile)
DaniWeb Join Date: Dec 14th, 2009 10:25 am
Email On File: hcp@recruitguru.com
Click here to opt out of DaniWeb Digests, our monthly community newsletters, and other automated DaniWeb emails related to your membership in our community. You can always opt back in by modifying your membership settings.
Lost your password? Request a password reset.
© 2015 DaniWeb® LLC


No comments:

Post a Comment