Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 24 August 2017

ECHOES FROM FUTURE ?

Rohit  /  Richa :
With both of you , I have earlier shared my blog :
Then I came across following news in Eco Times ( 23 Aug ) , and found that Linkedin is moving in the same direction
I thought of bringing this to your notice
Regards,
Hemen Parekh
======================================
A good mentor can be a great thing to have, but a hard thing to find. Now LinkedIn is attempting to pair those looking for advice from a mentor with professionals willing to share it through a new mentoring feature. It started rolling out in a few select locations this week, with plans for it to go nationwide soon.
For now, all of the available mentors have been hand-selected by LinkedIn (although it will be available for everyone eventually), and they can set perimeters about that people they’re willing to mentor and on what topics.

For instance, a mentor might say they’re open to helping students that graduated from the same college they did or those that are connected within a few degrees of others in their professional network on the site.

Mentees also have the opportunity to filter what they’re looking for in a mentor, and when there’s a match, the two will be connected on the site so they can message each other. It’s a Tinder-like concept, in that you won’t be able to chat with each other unless you get matched up first.
You can also end a conversation whenever you’d like, so if you decide the fit isn’t perfect during your first conversation, neither party is under any obligation to continue talking.

======

No comments:

Post a Comment