Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 9 August 2017

HOW ABOUT MANAGEMENT DEMANDS ?


Dear Friends :

A news report ( Business Line / 08 Aug ) reads :


IBA panel asks workmen unions to keep demands at a reasonable level

There is no doubt, you have a very tough job ( of convincing the Union ) !


What management may consider “ reasonable “ , becomes “ totally unacceptable “ by the Unions !


Typically , Unions will always pitch their demands , way beyond the reach of the Management


And Managements would start their “ offers / concessions “ , from a rock-bottom place


Over the weeks and months , both sides continue making advances , till a “ compromise “ gets reached


All this is “ Old Hat “ , in which , I have no doubt , you are extremely well-versed and need no advice from anyone


But,


There is one “ tactic “ to throw the Union , “ off balance “ , which you might want to look up at :



( - also referred to as “ Management Requirements “ , to make this acceptable to the Union )


In closing , I apologize for taking this liberty and hope I have not offended you !





With Regards,

hemen  parekh / Andheri
( M ) +91 - 98,67,55,08,08


No comments:

Post a Comment