Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 6 November 2017

BOTTOM OF THE PYRAMID


Dear Shri Kapil Sibalji ,


I just happened to read your article ( Rethinking World Bank Ranking ) , in DNA , where , at one place you write :


It is obvious, therefore, that the World Bank, by its own admission on the limitations of this exercise, was not concerned with businesses struggling to survive across India, and which form the backbone of the Indian economy.


It is when the small and medium scale enterprises in the informal sector find it easy to do business, have the ability to access credit, are liberated from the trappings of corruption at the local level, are able to easily obtain water and electricity connections with uninterrupted supply and have access to a myriad other related services facilitating their conduct of business, then alone will the people of India congratulate the Finance Minister for a dramatic turnaround in India’s business environment.

This creamy layer project for ease of doing business, unconcerned with the rest of India, is a farce.


I totally agree with you for India to focus on the “ Bottom of the Pyramid “ for improving the lives of millions

How should / could we go about this ?

Please find my suggestion at :




With Regards,

hemen  parekh  /   Mumbai
( M ) +91 - 98,67,55,08,08


No comments:

Post a Comment