Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 23 May 2013

My Blogging Site


Shivanand

It was good that we met Shuklendu yesterday in connection with this project
I am confident that with his guidance , you will manage to complete and upload
www.hemenparekh.in
on 27 June 2013 ( my 80th birthday )
By this afternoon , I will send to you / Shuklendu , draft U/I of homepage
Your idea of providing a separate section for “ REPORTS “ is good
Even though it may mean some extra work for me – and , may be occasional “ mislabeling “  , I would like to extend your idea , and suggest that we create following broad SECTIONS on this site :
Ø Videos

Ø Photos

Ø Poems ( Approx 200 + , in Gujarati / Hindi / English )

Ø Essays / Articles

Ø Emails- To Colleagues

Ø Emails – To Others

Ø Blogs / Comments

Ø Notes to Colleagues / Associates

Keep provision to adds some more later on
From my office , Kailas will be responsible to upload a few ready items , daily
By and large , he should have no difficulty in identifying the appropriate “ Category / Section  “ , under which to upload
Of Course , within each SECTION / CATEGORY , the Search Engine must automatically arrange these contents by dates mentioned on each write-up ( with the latest at the top ). System Date must be ignored , since we will be uploading articles written over last 30 / 40 years
By clicking on any given SECTION link , a SECTION-PAGE will open , where all the relevant articles can be accessed by drilling down ( Year > Month > Date ). I believe , layouts of all sections will be identical
Of Course , after selecting Year > Month , articles will be listed by Article Name / Title / Subject ( with Date in bracket ), eg :
Ø Database of Jobseekers ( 08, Mar )
If , for some reason , Title / Subject is missing , Kailas will put the name of the person to whom that Article / Note / Email was addressed , eg:
Ø Nupur ( 04, July )
And , on top of each SECTION PAGE , there will be a Search Bar for entering “ Keywords “
Obviously , when we launch , we will start with just ONE Section , viz:
Ø Notes to Colleagues / Associates
These handwritten notes are currently under typing
But ,
Some 200 / 300 blogs / comments that I have pasted on various web sites , are also ready ( except conversion to Notepad )
Kailas will be able to upload these too , in quick succession , without much problem
At that moment , Kailas must be in a position to create the new SECTION called , “ Blogs / Comments “ , on his own
He should not have to depend upon anyone else , for creating a new Section
Next ,
As we discussed , it would be highly desirable to provide facilities of ,

Ø RSS feeds ( individually , for each SECTION , separately – since a visitor may be interested in one section only )

Ø Online Download   ( for the entire article , even if it consists of 5 /6 pages )

For the time being , let us not permit downloading of an entire REPORT ( may be running into 45 pages )
Please do consider providing on each page , “ LEAVE A COMMENT “ facility , with CAPTCHA code to ensure submission by a human being
Comments may be made visible immediately ( without approval of Web Master ) , right below each article / write up , with a provision for me to reply
Of course , if the comment is very Nasty / Hateful , I should have facility to delete it
Above , the LEAVE A COMMENT space , there should be following write-up :
We request you to post only such comments that do not hurt the feelings of other individuals / communities / groups .  We reserve the right to delete such comments
Since each article / write up will be a SEPARATE page , with its own link / URL, it will be accessed / indexed by Google Spider
As and when , I think up of anything else , I will write to you
Regards

hcp


  


No comments:

Post a Comment