Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 30 April 2024

TRY THIS EXPERIMENT

 Kishan ,

 

At the bottom , find an incomplete DRAFT of my next blog

 

You will notice that , after a careful reading / understanding of the News Report , I “ recollected “ ( pull out from my sleeping memory ) , a few earlier blogs where I believed I had talked about > VOTING ONLINE > BLOCKCHAIN

 

Using these “ Search Words “ in Blogger Dashboard , I came across ( may be ) 25 blogs

 

Reading at the TITLE of those 25 , I shortlisted 5 ( listed in my draft )

 

Blog Genie should be able to follow a similar PROCESS for shortlisting

 

On purpose , I have left blank , the RELEVANT TEXT paras under headings “ Extract “

 

Blog Genie should be able to find “ relevant “  paras from each of those “ relevant “ earlier blogs and insert

 

We must succeed with this logic

 

 

hcp

 

 

Thanks  IIT-M :  for endorsing my suggestion

 

Context :

IIT-M charts new course, uses blockchain for student body polls   ..   TOI  … 29 Apr 2024

 

Extract :

 

In this season, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras witnessed an innovative stride in democracy by conducting its student body poll using blockchain technology.

 

The initiative, led by students of 'Webops and Blockchain Club' at the Centre for Innovation (CFI), IIT-Madras, has now evolved into a startup, with both governmental and private organisations employing its software for managing land and health records.

 

Originally conceived as a CSR initiative supported by a leading Indian tech company and department of science and technology, the project aimed to address challenges posed by Covid-19, particularly in accessing medical records and tracking health conditions across geographical borders.


Utilisation of 
blockchain technology in recent IIT-Madras student legislative council election has garnered recognition in India Book of Records.

 

The team of researchers behind this endeavour pointed out that voting technology is just one among numerous domains where blockchain can revolutionise existing practices.


Envisioning a future where 
election processes in various sectors embrace secure and transparent blockchain applications for remote voting, Prof Prabhu Rajagopal, faculty-in-charge, said: "This student-led project holds immense transformative potential, promising to reshape conduct of elections."

 

On the security issue on blockchain technology, more so as the polls are conducted online, the team believes the "system is impossible to hack.Election, conducted online, underscores the team's confidence in the technology's security.


Anirudh Varna, a fourth-year BTech student involved in the project, highlighted the 
near-impenetrable security of blockchain, requiring malicious actors to gain control of over 50% of the network's nodes simultaneously, a feat deemed practically unattainable.


On security concerns of online blockchain-based polls, Rajagopal emphasised the it's capacity to foster trust and 
ensure integrity of poll process.

 

 

My  Take :

 

Ø Simultaneous Polling  .. ……………………………..22 Jan 2018

 

Extract :

 

 

 

Ø Block Chain for Voting ?  ……………………..  11 March 2018

 

Extract :

 

 

 

Ø Americans call it “ Voatz “ ……………………….. 13 Aug 2018

 

Extract :

 

 

 

 

Ø Analysis Needed : Paralysis Avoided  ………………… 13  Sept 2020

 

Extract :

 

 

Ø How about “ Sandbox for Mobile Voting “ ?  ………… 27 Nov 2020

 

Extract :

No comments:

Post a Comment