Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 17 April 2024

RE: Quotation & Specifications of Surya Nutan

 Dear Sachendra ,

 

I regret for not replying sooner . As you pointed out , your email had landed in my JUNK folder

 

 

I have gone through both , specification sheet and your price quote

 

I am afraid I cannot avail of your offer ( Rs 70,000  for a single burner system ) , since it is much higher than my expectation of , around Rs 10,000 max ( for a single burner )

 

My expectation is based on following news reports :

 

#   https://www.saurenergy.com/solar-energy-news/priced-at-rs-15000-twin-solar-cooking-top-to-mark-debut-at-india-energy-week

 

#  https://hindi.news18.com/news/business/solar-stove-surya-nutan-by-indian-oil-iocl-no-need-for-lpg-gas-save-rs-1100-know-the-details-price-features-and-subsidy-6152621.html

 

#  https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/renewables/indian-oil-unveils-indoor-solar-cooking-stove-surya-nutan/articleshow/92392858.cms?from=mdr

 

Extract :

 

"The stove currently costs between Rs 18,000 to Rs 30,000 but considering economies of scale when 2-3 lakh units are produced and some government support, the cost can come down to Rs 10,000 to Rs 12,000 a unit," he said.

 

Puri, who tried his hand at cooking a dessert on the stove, said it would take 2-3 months for the commercial launch and the cost can come down further if it generates enough demand.

IOC Chairman SM Vaidya said the company may manufacture the stoves on its own or could go for contract manufacturing.

 

 

While on this subject , I would like to know if your Solar Stove can earn me any CARBON CREDITS and if so , how many CREDITS per year

 

Basically , I want to figure out whether Carbon Credits earned could help me recover the cost in 3 years of usage

 

 

With regards,

 

Hemen Parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment