Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 16 November 2023

Virtual Avatar

 Suman – Kristie,

 

 

About a year back , I came across a news report about a patent granted to Microsoft , titled :

 

“  Creating a Conversational Chatbot of a specific person “  /  Patent No : 10853717 B2

 

 

( Inventors : Joseph Johnson and Dustin Abramson )

 

I found e-mail id of one of the inventors , who is no longer working with MS ( now, I cannot remember who – and sent him an e-mail , which I cannot locate in my Outlook ) and wrote to him , if he can help me create my virtual avatar

 

He replied saying ( in essence ) :

 

“  I don’t think MS is really interested in pursuing this but you may want to write to Satya Nadella for help “

 

That I did ( see this :  https://emailothers.blogspot.com/2021/12/e-mail-to-satya-nadela.html#.Yb1r_WhByUk )

 

I never got any reply

 

For an explanation of that patent, you may want to look up :

 

Microsoft patent would let us chat with the departed  /  Techxplore  /  25 Jan 2021

Patents by Inventor Dustin I. Abramson 

Patents by Inventor Joseph Edwin Johnson, JR

Microsoft patent details tech that could turn dead people into AI chatbots 

 

Regards,

hemen

No comments:

Post a Comment