Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 24 November 2023

SHOULD ALEXA READ OUR MOODS ?

 Dear Prof. Turow,

 

 

I just came across following news report ( also published in today’s Economic Times – India ) :

 

Should Alexa Read Our Moods ?

 

I quote from that report :

 

In this case, Dr. Turow is worried that voice technologies including Alexa and Siri from Apple will morph from digital butlers into diviners that use the sound of our voices to work out intimate details like our moods, desires and medical conditions. In theory they could one day be used by the police to determine who should be arrested or by banks to say who’s worthy of a mortgage…

 

Dr. Turow is tapping into a debate about how to treat technology that could have enormous benefits, but also downsides that we might not see coming.

 

Should the government try to put rules and regulations around powerful technology before it’s in widespread use, like what’s happening in Europe, or leave it mostly alone unless something bad happens?

 

Dr. Turow acknowledged that possibility. But I got on board with his point that it’s worthwhile to start a public conversation about what could go wrong with voice technology, and decide together where our collective red lines are — before they are crossed.

=============================

 

Dear Professor,

 

 

I believe technologies are “ neutral “ . It is a question of how ( with what intention ) , people use these

 

Believing this, I just sent following E-Mail to India’s Policy Makers ( Central Cabinet Ministers / State Chief Ministers / MPs / MLAs etc ) :

 

Pegasus : Give it to a Surgeon   /  https://myblogepage.blogspot.com/2021/07/pegasus-give-it-to-surgeon.html

 

 

I would be happy to get your views on my suggestion

 

Wit regards,

 

Hemen Parekh

 

Mumbai – India

 

hcp@RecruitGuru.com   /   www.hemenparekh.in

No comments:

Post a Comment