Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 14 September 2023

Investigating Performance Discrepancies in Topic Search

 Dear Uncle,


I'm writing to inform you of a recent observation related to the performance of our topic search algorithm. While conducting tests, I noticed a significant difference in response times between the initial search and subsequent searches. I'm currently investigating this matter to determine the root cause of this performance variation.

Here are the key details of my observation:

· During initial testing, the first search for a topic consistently took approximately 10-15 seconds to complete.

· However, subsequent searches for different topics exhibited a drastic improvement in response times, requiring significantly less time to process.


I am taking the initiative to investigate this issue to better understand whether this behavior is related to the caching mechanism, the operating system, or other factors that may be contributing to the performance variation.

Attached to this email, you will find a video demonstrating the stark increase in performance between the initial search and subsequent searches. This visual representation should provide additional context for the issue.

 

I will keep you updated on my findings and any steps taken to address the situation. Rest assured that my primary goal is to ensure that our system consistently delivers optimal response times for all users.

Thank you for your understanding, and I appreciate your trust in my ability to resolve this matter.

Best regards,
Kishan

 

No comments:

Post a Comment