Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 26 September 2023

FW: TEXT TO SPEECH

 Manoj,

 

Only after sending you the following mail, I got to read your earlier mail re Microsoft Azure / Go Daddy

 

I understand . Sure, let us discuss this ( video call ) next week ( when Vishesh can participate ) to finalize

 

hemen

 


 

Manoj,

 

Thanks for this information

 

I suppose you have taken cognizance of Suman ' s observation re voice cloning posing unforseen problems, if it has to be my own voice 

 

However, from your mail, it seems that integrating synthetic voice, is relatively straightforward and will not pose any issues

 

Further, it is FREE

 

This is encouraging and you may go ahead 

 

How ever, i want to avoid that monthly payment of Rs 5,000 for Microsoft Azure services and request you to explore hosting on Go Daddy for Rs 2,000 per year

 

I await your confirmation in this regard s

 

I hope you will give me a demo next week 

 

 

 

 

With best regards

 

Hemen Parekh

 



Hi Hemen Sir,

 

Azure Speech service can be used, but this will be synthetic voice and not your own voice. We can definitely start with Free service / Pay As You Go.

 

Cognitive Speech Services Pricing | Microsoft Azure

 

Google also provides similar service

 

https://cloud.google.com/text-to-speech/pricing

 

 

Both Azure and Google provide “Custom Voice” service as well, but these have limited access and need review/approvals. There will be processes and approvals, audio recording of content (provided by Azure/Google) required in your voice, followed by verification/validation check, and training the model.

 

Speech Studio - Microsoft Azure

 

https://cloud.google.com/text-to-speech/custom-voice/docs

 

 

 

Regards,

Manoj Hardwani

 

 


Subject: TEXT TO SPEECH

 

Manoj,

 

 

“ Text to Speech “

 

Source > https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/pricing/details/cognitive-services/speech-services/#pricing 

 

Highlights :

 

  •  Under “ FREE “ plan

 

        

Text to Speech
(per character billing)

Neural

0.5 million characters free per month

 

Under “Pay as You Go: pay only for what you use. “ plan

 

 

Text to Speech
(per character billing)

Neural

Real-time synthesis: $16 per 1M characters

                                                                                                                                                                ( = Rs 1280 / 1,000,000 Ch )

 

Questions :

 

  • Will this convert “ answers “ in my own voice or some synthetic voice ?
  • I suppose, we can discontinue this service any time ( any notice period ? )

 

As indicated by Suman, Personal.ai’s own ( nVidia ) API , could become available by May 2023

 

So, if we decide to go for this, we need to use it for 3 months ( Feb – March – April ) – then change-over to Personal API

 

If each answer is ( say ) 100 characters, we get 10,000 answers for 1 Mill characters – enough for 3 months ( for Rs 1280 )

 

What do you recommend ?

 

hemen

No comments:

Post a Comment