Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 14 September 2023

CLIMATE MITIGATION ? HERE IS ONE SOLUTION

 Dear Nandan ,

 

 

Just came across following :

 

Digital infrastructure can aid climate adaptation, says Nandan Nilekani

 

Extract :

 

The approach of digital public infrastructure (DPI ) which has gained global prominence can also help in area of climate adaptation and mitigation

 

going forward, chairman and co-founder of Infosys and the founding chairman of UIDAI, Nandan Nilekani said

 

 

India's DPI is gaining global recognition, Nilekani added noting there is a major move afoot to take this model to 50 countries in five years. Many

 

multilateral agencies and global groups are coming forward and showing interest, and the next few years will see proliferation and prevalence of digital

 

infrastructure at population-scale around the world

 

 

Going forward, the approach of DPI can also help in climate adaptation and mitigation, he said.

 


===============================================================================================

 

Dear Nandan ,

 

 

Besides being a VISIONARY ( shape of things to come ) , I have no doubt , you also have , up your sleeve , some very SPECIFIC ideas on how can DPI help in “ Climate adaptation and mitigation “

 

 

Allow me to present such an idea in my following blog :

 

Ø  Transport : an Integrated Logistic Plan ?  .. ………..20 Nov 2018

 

With the successful launch of Chandrayan – 3 , our ISRO scientists have demonstrated beyond doubt, that given a challenge, they are quite capable of achieving it

 

During his congratulatory address to these scientists 2 days ago, Shri Modi asked them to organize a HACKATHON , of our brilliant young boys and girls, to come up

with new USES / APPLICATIONS of space technology, to solve PROBLEMS on EARTH

 

{ The Prime Minister requested ISRO to organize national hackathons on ‘Space Technology in Governance’ in collaboration with various departments of center and state governments. “I am confident that this National Hackathon will make our governance more effective and provide modern solutions to the countrymen”, he said. ]

 

I get a feeling that :

 

Ø  Once you find a few minutes to read my blog, you will not want to wait for the Hackathon

Ø  I may still get my suggestion implemented during my life-time ( - I just completed 90 )

 

It would gladden my heart if you acknowledge this mail

 

With regards,

 

Hemen Parekh

www.hemenparekh.ai

 

hcp@RecruitGuru.com

No comments:

Post a Comment