Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 1 November 2023

FW: Our work in India - a preview

 Dear Pranav,

 

 

Just read your following post on Linkedin :

 

Pranav Mistry• FollowingFounder and CEO @ TWO, Former President at Samsung Technology and Advanced Research7h • 7 hours ago

 

2021 has been a year full of blessing and new beginnings for Yijia and I. Birth of Avana on Diwali night, starting on a new adventure with TWO, and laying the foundation of our non-profit charityMistryLand. It’s been a year of change, excitement and so much learning.

Yijia and I have pledged 2 million USD to charity via MistryLand this year. TWO is growing and ready to grow 5 folds with 2 more global offices in 2022. And also, all the trees I planted, have survived this year and ready to blossom next spring. Can not be happier 
🙂

2022, here we come.

 

 

This made me think that you might want to get in touch with my Boston-based friend Amit ( see his mail below ), to explore possibility of a synergy through collaborating in your noble efforts

 

Regards,

 

Hemen

 

PS :

 

Incidentally , directly / indirectly, I too must have planted 200 + trees in my lifetime

 

From: Amit & Medha Akkad [mailto:amitmedha@comcast.net]


Sent: 09 December 2021 21:34


To: Amit & Medha Akkad

 

 


Subject: Our work in India - a preview

 

Dear All,


As many of you know, I have been extensively working with a NJ based non-profit, "Yuva Pragati" (an off shoot of Share & Care Foundation) for many years. Some of you have asked me about the work we do, so here is a preview.

 

I am on the Leadership Team of this organization, leading several projects. We have been conducting Youth Wellness Camps in India every year, for the past 15+ years, which I have been attending since 2012. My own work there has focused on inspiring the young children of Ashramshalas in remote villages of Gujarat, and by now, I have had conversations with more than 12,000 children.

 

We have also finished 26 infrastructure projects (schools, assembly halls, toilet blocks, bunk beds, water tanks, etc.), and are working on some more. For the past few years, we have developed 3 scholarship programs, helping impoverished children of Gujarat (mainly girls) finish high school, vocational school (e.g., nursing) and professional college (medical, engineering, business). We also started a Nutrition Program a few years ago. Though not in our charter, we recently funded 2 COVID relief funds in partnership with SEWA International (that was initiated here in Boston).

 

We have an extensive network of US-based Doctors/Dentists and other health care professionals (totaling 150+), many of whom come to India with us, and generously donate funds for all our projects, because they see the need first-hand, and then also see the fruits of their donations in the following year when they visit again. Because we are all volunteers, we have no overhead. More than 98% of donations directly go to fund our projects. This is all aided by an innumerable number of young volunteers (doctors, dentists, pharmacists, nursing students, etc.) in India. We also have several India-based partners with whom we work and implement all our projects there.

 

For the past several months, we have been developing a website for this powerful organization that is a hidden gem. We recently completed the 1st phase of the website. 


You can view the site here: www.yuvapragatiusa.org 

Virtually all pictures on the site are from my collection (except profile pictures of Leadership Team members) of the last 9 years. Gallery section is also full of many of these pictures. Some of my own conversations are chronicled in the section "Gallery-->Children We Serve-->Conversations With Children"

 

Hope you will enjoy this website. I am also happy to report that there is so much good work going on in India, conducted by so many organizations. The spirit of Service is alive and well. 

 

Thanks.

 

Amit



No comments:

Post a Comment