Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 26 October 2015

FW: mobile friendly version of B2B website


Shuklendu / Nitin ,


In my last email , I had requested for hyper-linking of relevant page from Moneycontrol , to the concerned Company Name ( anywhere on B2B )

Since Moneycontrol has many pages for any given Company , I suggest we link with a page called , " Company-facts " as shown below

Links to all the other pages , are seen on this ( Company Info ) page , enabling a Foreign Visitor to locate any data about that Company

I would request you to construct this feature in the manner of CMS ( Content Management System ), thru ADMIN page

This will allow Sanjivani to upload to the COMPANY DATABASE , some 40/50 hyperlinks , everyday , without bothering SENTIENT team , everyday for uploading

As mentioned in my earlier mail , it would be nice if this can be done in THIS WEEK itself , so that , next week ( before my visit to Delhi on 13th Nov ) , Sanjivani can upload  a few hundred hyperlinks , which I can demonstrate to DIPP Committee

Kindly confirm

hcp

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------







From: Hemen Parekh [mailto:hcp@recruitguru.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2015 10:58 AM
To: 'Nitin Ruge'
Cc: 'shuklendu.baji@sentientsystems.net'; Nirmit Parekh; Prashant Sharma; Sanjivani Kadam
Subject: RE: mobile friendly version of B2B website

Shuklendu / Nitin ,


At my age , 6 months are like an eternity !

But I am not competent to estimate the work involved

I leave it to you to expedite this work , as much as you can

26th Jan ( Republic Day ) would be an auspicious day !

What is equally important is what I discussed during Shuklendu's visit to our office , a few days back ( I have also mentioned this during my earlier visits to your office and in my earlier emails )

And that is :

Ability to make changes to database on our own , without taking up your own precious time

As of now , you have provided for editing of " Corporate E mail IDs " in the ADMIN

But , during the last one year , I found that lots of changes are taking place in the data pertaining to Ministers / Secretaries / MPs / MLAs etc


Changes are taking place :


>  Only in a person's E Mail ID

>  Only in a person's DESIGNATION / TITLE / POSITION

>  Only in his DEPARTMENT

> In  combinations of one or more of these


Today , we are unable to EDIT these changes on our own , even when we come to know about these  !


As a result , email messages do not reach these persons or the persons who have replaced them

This seriously affects the efficacy of following pages :


>   E mail Alerts

>   Expedite My Project

>  Influence Policy Makers


I request you to provide for this EDIT / UPDATE feature while developing Mobile Version of B2B


This feature should also enable us to CREATE , an altogether NEW category ( in Database ), on our own


Eg :

We may want to add ,


>   Police Commissioners ( State-wise ) ,  or

>   District Collectors , or

>   Panchayat Pramukhs


If I am not mistaken , our current Database Structure has following FIELDS :


>   Name of Person / Officer

>   His Department Name ( Ministry / Section etc )

>   His Designation / Position / Title

>   His E Mail ID

Even in the NEW categories , these fields will remain the same

In fact , during past few months , Sanjivani has already compiled such databases for half-a-dozen altogether NEW categories ( a few hundred records )

If required , she can send these to you for your study

and / or , she can visit your office for explaining our requirement


ANOTHER FEATURE :


In the past , I have also mentioned this to you ( and described in one of my recent emails to Amitabh Kant / cc: Shuklendu )

This is :

MoneyControl web site provides extensive data about approx 12,000 Indian Companies re its FINANCES etc

These pages are freely accessible by the public

Each page has its own URL

Wherever , an Indian Company's NAME appears in our site , we want the visitor to be able to click on it and the relevant MoneyControl page should pop up ( or a separate window )

This will be a VERY ATTRACTIVE / USEFUL info for Foreign Company Executives visiting B2B , something missing on MakeinIndia's own web site ! - what I keep calling , the MISSING LINK

I plan to use this feature as a strong argument why MakeinIndia should provide those hyper links

Can this feature be implemented BEFORE my planned visit to Delhi , on 13th Nov ?

I would highly appreciate if we can . It will VASTLY strengthen my hands



(  Of course , such hyperlinking , will be possible for only those 12,000 Companies on MoneyControl   )

regards,

hcp



   





From: Nitin Ruge [mailto:nitin.ruge@sentientsystems.net]
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 5:59 PM
To: 'Hemen Parekh'
Cc: shuklendu.baji@sentientsystems.net
Subject: mobile friendly version of B2B website

Dear Sir,

Please find attached updated B2B Website Layout . We have added few more links B2B including Admin Section (highlighted in Yellow color in attached file)in  layout sent by Prashant.
To develop mobile friendly version of B2B website, time estimate ‘ll be around 6 Months .


Regards,

Nitin Ruge

No comments:

Post a Comment