Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 19 September 2013

RE: Graphical Resumes


Gaurav

I have seen your tool
I suppose , a consultant could , after a close scrutiny of an executive’s resume , enter in the first column ,

Ø Company where worked …………. Or

Ø Function in which worked

Then enter “ Duration / Period worked “ in second column

Extracting such details from a text resume , is not easy , even for a trained eye
Rarely , if ever , an executive furnishes these details in a systematic / extractable fashion !
May be Saumya can pick some 10 resumes at random and try to extract such data . Then enter into tool developed by you . I will be happy if I am proved wrong !
But for a structuredSUBMIT RESUME “ form on a job-portal , it is almost impossible for a headhunting consultant to insist and get an executive to incorporate all such DATA , into the resume in a systematic manner
But on a job-portal , they have no choice !
Either forget or fall in line !
The reason why www.CustomizeResume.com  manages to develop 9 Analytical Graphical Profiles is its Structured Form
hcp

From: Gaurav Dimri
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:27 PM
To: Hemen Parekh; Nirmit Parekh; Saumya Dubey
Subject: RE: Graphical Resumes

Dear Sir,
These are certainly the cutting edge when it comes to info-graphics. I do feel that producing visual elements of this level would require a fair amount of knowledge in graphic designing and at least intermediate level of skill with a vector-graphics program such as Adobe Illustrator. These are more towards being designer resumes.
While I am certainly impressed by the creativity involved with these resumes, I would feel a challenge to get all of our people to be able to use this level of info-graphics in their assessment reports as a regular practice. I have tried to develop an Excel-based tool which can serve as an out-of-the-box solution, which would provide the same information in simpler graphics. Personally, it would take me a while with Adobe Illustrator to generate such a resume, and I feel that a simpler tool which “just works” without involving too much complexity, is the way we can get it deployed all across the floor. I have sent this tool before, but re-attaching the same again.
Best Regards,
Gaurav
From: Hemen Parekh
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:20 PM
To: Gaurav Dimri; Nirmit Parekh; Saumya Dubey
Subject: Graphical Resumes

Gaurav / Saumya,

Take a look at this
hcp



 http://www.coolinfographics.com/blog/2010/1/8/16-infographic-resumes-a-visual-trend.html

No comments:

Post a Comment