Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 18 September 2013

RE: Excel File for Chambers of Commerce / Trade Bodies / Industry Associations / Professional


Sanjivani


This looks good but , after the CITY column , we need a column for COUNTRY as well . This is very important , since a Marketer ( Subscriber of B2B ) will first select a COUNTRY and then , the CITIES within that country , to create his Mailing List

Hcp


CC: Shuklendu / Nitin,


Thank you for sending Excel Sheet Database of Countries / Cities

Sanjivani tells me that it contains 91 Countries and Approx 8,500 Cities

Using Google , she is trying to enter “ XYZ ( City Name ) + Chamber of Commerce “  to find , for each of these cities’ , its Chamber of Commerce web site , from which , she will compile the Excel Sheet

Of Course , this will be a slow / tortuous process , lasting several weeks

But , at the end of which , if we succeed in finding data for even 4,000 cities , it will give a huge boost to B2B web site

As far as creating a “ Mailing List “ of Chambers of Commerce is concerned (  to blast a Marketing Message ) , I plan to separate-out the process from our conventional Mailing List Creation page in B2B

I plan to work today / tomorrow on conceptualizing / developing a separate U / I for this purpose

Entering 8,500 City-Names in Google , one after another , is concerned , do you have any other simpler / faster idea , thru some S/W tool ?



From: Sanjivani Kadam
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 8:00 PM
To: Hemen Parekh
Subject: Excel File

Dear Sir,

Please find attached Excel File.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanjivani Kadam

No comments:

Post a Comment