Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 18 October 2010

Job Alert on Mobile -- JAM


Dear Revathi

I thought of keeping you informed of the following activities taking place at our end for the promotion of JAM :

Ø  So far, we have already sent out approx. 200,000 emails. Remaining 100,000 will go out this week.

Ø  We have also sent out emails to our already registered approx 1400 candidates

Ø  We have incorporated JAM-related reference in our daily “ Job-Alert “ emails

Ø  SMS have been sent to some 150 friends / business acquaintances

Ø  Press-Release has been emailed to some 513 Indian newspapers / magazines

Ø  Press-Release has been posted on some 30 “ Free Press Release Websites “

Ø  An email has been sent to Reliance Communications, urging them to promote JAM amongst their 115 million mobile subscribers. That would improve their SMS-related revenue.

Ø  An email has been sent to Kate Russel of “ Click / BBC.co.uk “ requesting her to cover this technology in one of their future episodes ( 9 pm on Fridays )

Ø  Press-Release has been sent to some 146 journalists

We started all of these activities on 8th Oct. Perhaps, 10 days is too short a time to see any tangible increase in traffic / registration.

We have also started extracting Mobile Phone No from our database of text résumés. So far 76,000 have been extracted. We may manage 200,000.

Once this database is ready, I plan to send-out a “ Promotional SMS Campaign “ , either thru Way2SMs.com or by using the services of NetCore / SMSCountry.

You would have noticed that we are engaging in promotions that are “ FREE “. We cannot afford to advertise – which is very expensive.

I would of course , welcome if you have any suggestion – including any ways in which HP Labs –India could help.

With regards

hemen  parekh





No comments:

Post a Comment