Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 5 October 2010

A High-Skilled Bondage ?


A High-Skilled Bondage ?


In his book “ Which way’s up ? “, Tory MP Nicholas Boles suggests that , before granting of immigration visas, migrants to UK should be required to furnish a security bond worth Pounds 5,000 for use of “ public services “.

Then he goes on to recommend that the bond amount be refunded to the migrant as soon as he has paid to the Government, taxes exceeding “ many times “ the bond amount.

Now considering that the British Government plans to admit no more than 24,100 highly-skilled immigrants per year, the British Treasury would get richer by 120 million Pounds.

It is another matter that the “ bond income “ will not make much of a dent to the British budget deficit of Pounds 170.8 billion !

Someone may come forward and suggest that every single 5.4 million immigrant to UK (UN Report of 2005 ), should be asked to furnish a 5000 Pound bond.

That would add 27 billion Pounds at one stroke !

With regards

hemen  parekh

Jobs  for  All  =  Peace  on  Earth





No comments:

Post a Comment