Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 1 August 2016

RE: Watson Discussion


Dear Avish,

Further to my earlier mail , we have now also uploaded on Watson , a database of more than ONE MILLION executives ( resume ) records

However , I was unable to see any " Frequency Distribution Graphs " !

Eg: No of Executives CITY wise / EDU QUALIFICATION wise / LEVEL wise / AGE wise etc

What we would have liked to see ( in graphical form ) are " revelations " such as :

IT capital Bangalore has more Computer Science ( BE - Comp ) graduates than any other city

In city of MUMBAI , there are more MANAGER LEVEL executives than any other city

In HYDERABAD , most executives are employed in SALES function

I hope , you will discuss our requirements with your colleagues and come up with some solutions

Thereafter , we will go back and upload the balance 4 MILLION executive records

Incidentally , when my colleagues Shuklendu / Nitin ( Sentient Systems - Mumbai ) upload " Job Market Analytics " page on 17th Aug . all visitors ( to www.CustomizeResume.com ) , will get to see such graphs developed on the fly , by selecting appropriate Search Criteria

And these graphs will take into account , job advts downloaded yesterday ( thru RSS feeds )

Awaiting your early response ,

Warm Regards,

Hemen Parekh

(M)=91 – 98,67,55,08,08

From: Hemen Parekh [mailto:hcp@recruitguru.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2016 11:24 AM
To: Avish Dhar
Cc: Fabian CK Au; jthakker@in.ibm.com; forsytha@us.ibm.com; tpmartin@us.ibm.com; shuklendu.baji@sentientsystems.net; Nitin Ruge
Subject: RE: Watson Discussion

Dear Avish,


Thanks for your offer of help in respect of our project ( Job Market Analytics ) , using Watson Analytics


My Coordinates :



#  Location = Mumbai
#  email = hcp@RecruitGuru.com
#  Mobile = ( 91 ) 98,67,55,08,08
#  Resi    = ( 91 )-22- 2920,6715
#  Off     =  ( 91 )-22- 670,70,300

I normally work from home . I suggest you call me on office landline , on Tuesday ( 26 July ), so that I can ask some of my colleagues to join for discussions . What time would suit you ?



Current Status :

We have already uploaded onto Watson Analytics , some 1.8 million job advertisements , compiled over the past 6/7 years ( thru RSS feeds from leading Indian job portals )

So far , I could have only a cursory look at the displays , which do NOT seem to answer the questions that I have raised in attachments ( Emails : Rohini / T C Anant )

Before we talk , it would be nice if you can go through these attachments , to understand what we expect from Watson Analytics

Thereafter , you may want to login yourself , and determine whether Watson does provide the answers we seek

You may use :


Password  =   Senti)(!123


Our Parallel  Efforts :


My colleagues , Shuklendu and Nitin ( Sentient Systems - Mumbai ) , are in the process of developing a page ( Job Market Analytics ) for uploading on    www.CustomizeResume.com

They will use the same database of 1.8 million job advts and MS charting software API , for displaying the types of graphs described in the attachments

There will be provision for visitors to select " Search Criteria " and click , DISPLAY

These will also take into account , some 1,500 + job advts getting added into the database DAILY

We expect to upload this page on 17th Aug



What Next ? :


In the meantime , we are also in the process of compiling a database ( Excel sheet of some 30 columns ) , comprising some 5 million records ( Resumes ) of junior executives ( jobseekers )

When ready ( in 8/10 days ) , we would like to upload this database onto Watson Analytics

Thereafter , what we would like Watson Analytics to be able to predict is :

*  What jobs ( advts ) are " best suited " for a given executive ( resume ) ?

*  What resumes have the " best chance " of getting called for an interview against a given job-advt ?

Since , both ( the job advts as well as the resumes ) , contain keywords ( denoting domain expertise / skills / knowledge ) , I think it should be possible to automatically generate some kind of a " Match Index "

Any thoughts on this ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If there are any questions , feel free to write / phone

with regards,


( click to view my profile )




  



From: Avish Dhar [mailto:avisdhar@in.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2016 1:53 PM
To: hcp@recruitguru.com
Subject: Watson Discussion

Dear Mr. Parekh,

Greetings...!!
Requesting you to please share your contact details so that I can arrange call back along with my team for the discussion around Watson.
Regards,

Avish Dhar
Business Manager : Large Enterprise


Mobile:09620212878 | Phone:08045197831
E-mail:
avisdhar@in.ibm.com
Find me @:
www.ibm.com/connect/ibm/in/en/resources/avisdhar/
Chat:
avishdhar@gmail.com
Find me on:
LinkedIn: https://in.linkedin.com/in/avish-dhar-b5870841 
IBM


No comments:

Post a Comment