Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 18 July 2016

Re: Informal Get Together for Launching our Book - L&T Switchgear & Other Stories


HRS,
28 Aug is ok with me ( my health permitting )

I will come by my own car 

And do reserve a hard copy for me

Regards

Hcp

Sent from my iPad

On 18-Jul-2016, at 12:43 pm, Haridas Shenoy <hrshenoy1941@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

I just talked to the publisher's person co-ordinating with me, the young girl E Vidhya. She has promised to ensure that copies - hardbound and paperback - will be available for despatch by 13th August. It means the consignment should reach me by 23rd August. (I expect to receive the edited version for vetting in another 5 days).

Therefore I propose that whoever is interested in joining the get together may please earmark Sunday, August 28 as the day for get together.

By far the seniormost member of our group from Mumbai and not as much senior person from Pune have suggested that the venue be somewhere between the two locations. The location I had mind is heavily crowded during monsoons and the food arrangement may not be all that satisfactory.

I have contacted Dignity Lifestyle, Neral. I have been a member of the Dignity Foundation for the last 20 years. They have a huge assisted-living Complex with a club house which can accommodate 75 persons at a given time. I am opting for this. Also travelling by train from Mumbai and Pune should be pretty convenient. I believe a first class 'travel as you like' ticket costs Rs 275 for first class from Mumbai. There is almost a train every hour from Mumbai VT to Neral.  We also have an option of travelling by our own transport - choice is ours. Autos are available from Neral station to Dignity Lifestyle.

There are convenient trains at 9.30 am and 10 am from Ghatkopar to Neral. Hardly any crowd in first class on Sundays.

I have visited this place at Neral some three years ago along with Dignity Versova Chai Masti Centre members. The place is great and the canteen is good. Tea on arrival, lunch, and tea and snacks around departure should not cost us more than Rs 300/- per head. I propose that we donate Rs 200 each to Dignity Foundation - this is optional.

Seems to be a good proposition all in all.

My email group of L&T-ites consists of 150 people. Hope 50% of them can make it.

If 28th August is not convenient, we can have another batch on 3rd September.

My car dickey will have copies of the book for sale to whoever is interested in buying.

I am excited. Not good for my age, I know.

For now, please let me know your preferred date, your location and whether you will be coming by your own car. Based on this information, you may be able to give lift to someone who wants to travel by road but will not bring his own car. Also the number of copies you want to buy - directly from me. You have an option to order from amazon, flipkart, etc.

Regards

HR Shenoy





HR Shenoy, 7666128505
Co-Founder, Tejora Technologies Limited, tejora.com

No comments:

Post a Comment