Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 21 February 2019

THANK YOU


Dear Shri Srivastava



Many thanks for considering my following suggestion :


Missing Piece of Jigsaw Puzzle [ 15 Nov 2018 ]


where I wrote :



Why scrap entire vehicle ?  Why not retrofit ? ·

In an OLD vehicle, - only “ Polluting Sub Assembly “ is the ENGINE - other “ Non-Polluting Sub Assemblies “ are : Body – Chasis – Transmission – Tyres etc So , why SCRAP those non-polluting parts ?
  

Why not just scrap the old engine and retro-fit the vehicle with a brand NEW engine ( BS VI compliant ) ?


That will mean re-utilizing some 80 % of the asset and , at the same time getting rid of the air pollution !


Context  :

‘Look Beyond Subsidy for EVs, Build Scale Instead’        https://lnkd.in/ffd26mf

Extract :

Before EVs become mainstream, Srivastava said the government is looking at ways to promote retro-fitment of an existing vehicle to convert it into an EV and also rely more on CNG and LPG


With regards,

Hemen Parekh




No comments:

Post a Comment