Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday 3 February 2019

DATA PROTECTION : NEEDS A DIFFERENT APPROACH


Dear Trevor,

Just read your article …….” Facebook does not care about you “

FB may be at the forefront in deceivingly using private user data to make a ton of money , but it is not alone

In varying degrees , there are a legion of Social Media web sites / Search Engines / Mobile Apps / Fintech Companies / E Com web sites / Buyer-Seller platforms of all types …….etc etc

And persuasion is not going to make them “ moral “  !

So , for past one year , I am trying to persuade the Indian Government to re-draft its DATA  PROTECTION  BILL ( - somewhat fashioned after GDPR ) , along the lines of my following suggestion:






I welcome your views

With regards,

Hemen Parekh

Mumbai – India






No comments:

Post a Comment