Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 13 October 2018

TIME TO GET INTO 4TH GEAR


States get 2 months to submit clean air plan



Read more at: https://lnkd.in/e89wtHZ

Taking note of the alarming air pollution situation in 102 cities across the country, the NGT ( National Green Tribunal ) has directed the states ant Union Territories to prepare " appropriate action plans " within 2 months

These plans will be approved by an expert committee by Jan 31 , 2019

====================================


Would you say this ( directive ) as a TYPICAL example of procrastination ?


Could not have NGT prepared a MODEL CLEAN AIR PLAN , in 10 days and sent it to the states to ADOPT it ( with whatever changes they might want to make ) , by Jan 31 , 2019 ?


Or does NGT really thinks that the air pollution problems vastly differ from one state to another ?


Of course , NGT will defend itself by saying : " We are a democratic institution which takes decision through CONSENSUS . How can we bulldoze the States ? After all , the air floating above the land mass of each State , is its SOVEREIGN territory "



Any way , if the States want to meet that 2 month target , they might want to look up :


Climate Conundrum [ 10 Oct 2018 ]

Climate Conundrum ?

myblogepage.blogspot.com





With regards,

Hemen  Parekh / Mumbai

No comments:

Post a Comment