Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday 22 October 2017

RE: Sunday Special - GDP Growth

HRS ,

Don’t stop dreaming  !


Hcp


From: Haridas Shenoy [mailto:hrshenoy1941@gmail.com]
Sent: 22 October 2017 10:43
To: A D Sanil; A G Kale; A G Patkar; A K Ganguly; A M Deshmukh; A V Dixit; A V Shenoy; A Y Divekar; Alok Rastogi; Amita Lele; Anand Pasarkar; Anil Choudhari; Arun Khandekar; Arun Kumta; Arun Singasane; Atul Shah; B B Singh; B G Shah; B J Desai; B Ramachandran; B V R M Murty; C D Patil; C G Karamchani; C R Mistry; Chari; Dilip Bhanage; Dinesh Shah; Eileen Albuquerque; G D Rao; G Ramakrishna; Gajanan Phadke; Girish Trivedi; Guha Thakurtha; Gurudatt Kundapurkar; H C Parekh; H R Khona; H T Mehta; J J Shrikhande; Jairam Khambadkone; Jayant Jeste; John Monteiro; K A Shaikh; K M Raja Sundaram; K Narsaiah; K Natarajan; K R Iyer; K R Patel; K Rajendran; K S Ranganathan; K T Shah; K V Nair; Kamlakar Vaishampayan; Larry Neeff - L&T; Luis Vas; M D Palekar; M D Phatak; M J Paleja; M K Kaushik; M R Madnani; M Subramaniam; Madan Mandlekar; Milind Rajopadhye; MVL Narasimhan; N G Gehani; N M Kudalkar; N Ramachandran; N V Srinivasan; N Vasudevan; Naresh Berawala; P D Joshi; P G Pande; P H Sakhalkar; P J Pathak; P L Negandhi; P S Moharir; Parvathy Seshan; PCS Ratnam; Pervin Kapadia Bhasin; Pradeep Talpade; Prakash Shrungarkar; R A Panchal; R D Kulkarni; R Ganesh Rao; R I Mehta; R M Yajurvedi; R Shivaji; R Sivaraman; Raj Kumar Seth; Rajat Desai; Rajeev Joshi; Rajendra Shirvaikar; Ramesh Somai; Rita Rahimtoola; Rukmini Bhandary; S D Gore; S D Mande; S Hariharan; S K Mathur; S K Shukla; S K Todkar; S M Warde; S P Goel; S Rajagopal Naidu; S Ravikumar; S S Ghoshal; S S Manjeshwar; S V Subramaniam; S Vasudev; S W Patwardhan; Sampada Inamdar; Sandeep Desai; Sanjay Galwankar; Satinderpal Ahluwalia; Satish Dhoiphode; Simple Agarwal; Subhash Sood; Subhash Y Sathe; Suniti Desai; Suresh Deshmukh; Suresh Gandhi; Swapna Chaudary; T R Venkatraman; T Syamalan; Ullas Oza; V Aravind; V B Ulman; V H Iyer; V K Karekar; V M Patel; V M Pherwani; V Mohan; V R Swamy; V Raghavendran; V S Iyer Raju; Venu Account; Venugopal Menon; Vijay Lal; Vinod Sane; Viren Shah; Vivek Shiroor; Y K Gupta; Y R Boghani
Subject: Sunday Special - GDP Growth

GDP Growth

Last year. A few days after demonetisation. I prayed Namo Namaha at home and went and stood in the queue at the bank. My wife had given me 50k cash to be deposited in the bank. That is the largest sum I ever got from her, except for dowry. That was over four decades ago.

To kill time I was reading the Economic Times. There were too many attacks on demonetisation. Only those in favour were in the queue with me. Everybody was happy. Black moneywallas being taught a lesson. A few said that they were there with others’ money – for a fee. They were unemployed and were happy.

One news item disturbed me badly. India’s GDP growth will fall.

That was not acceptable to me and the next two days I just could not sleep. 100 people also died in the queue and there was hue and cry. Over 2.5 million die every year in India because of air pollution but that was nobody’s responsibility – not even Trump’s.

One bright idea struck me. I should become a multi-billionaire, boost employment and consumption.

I became a multi-billionaire that night.

Next day, I went and bought an old bungalow next to the Raj Bhavan. I appointed two Executive Directors – one for building a 16 storeyed residence for me and another for building industries in the backward areas of the country. Second job was difficult since there are too many backward areas in the country and I appointed Cyprus Bhroacha for this job.

For the building, I told my new ED – buy steel from Bihar and cement from Uttar Pradesh – that brand called Engineers’ Choice. The construction was to be entrusted to L&T Realty whose boards are ubiquitous.

There was wholesale employment generated. Current GDP growth estimate is 7.50 for the country for the whole year. I am going to be awarded Padma Vibhushan on 26th January 2018. There will be live coverage. You better buy a good quality TV, if you don’t have one already.

I wanted to personally choose the curtains for my new residence. On Diwali Day I went to Khadi Bhandar. They are supposed to open at 10.30 pm. I got my car parked away from the Market Road so that there was no traffic jam. But surprisingly I found there was no traffic jam.

I entered the 500 sq ft modern shop. But I found only shirts there. There was no curtain material. Having come all the way, I thought “Let me buy a few shirts.” The man at the cash counter told me that the sales people are yet to come. “They are coming from far off, you see. That is why they are late.” He said.

I requested him to at least show me a few shirts. He got up and came over. I found he had a handicap in his leg. Physically handicapped man was in time but the distance=handicapped sales people came late.

I was wondering how we were getting up before 6, leaving home by 7 to catch the 7.06 Dombivli local to reach the factory by 8.10. And here is a bunch who find it difficult to reach the workplace by 10.30.

Just then the Diwali crackers started bursting in the compound. I was where I deserved to be and the GDP figure remained a distant dream.

So was the Padma Vibhushan!

HR Shenoy, 7666128505
Co-Founder, Tejora Techno

No comments:

Post a Comment