Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 21 October 2017

RE: SMART METERS


Dear  Sharat :


I do remember you – may be a little vaguely due to my age !


I believe , you subsequently shifted to Switchgear Sales


It is a pity that the Smart Electric Meters developed by L&T has few takers


But it is a matter of time before utilities / governments and consumers themselves , realize the benefits of these meters


Following news ( Times of India / 20 Oct ) is an indication

===========================================================================================================================


Mumbai: The Brihanmumbai Electricity and Suburban Transport proposes to install 2 lakh electronic power meters in south Mumbai in place of the existing conventional meters. The proposal has come up before the committee for clearance.


Sources in the undertaking said that these new electronic meters would help in quick and error-free readings besides being tamper-proof and helping in speeding up of the monthly process of generation of power bills.


An official said that in the budget that was presented to the committee last Tuesday, it was proposed to implement a remote meter reading project to get the meter reading on a remotely located server.


The official added that it will enable them to send bills to consumers in time.


“The project will involve replacement of energy meters by radio frequency meters, installation of data concentrator units at service positions, sending billing data to a remotely located server and preparing monthly bills by using the billing data and billing software,” the official said.


===============================================================================================================================================================


Warm Regards,

Hcp


From: S C Bhargava [mailto:BHARGAVASC@LNTEBG.COM]
Sent: 13 October 2017 07:36
To: hcp@recruitguru.com
Cc: S N Subrahmanyan
Subject: SMART METERS

HCP
You will not recall me. I joined L&T in 1973 under ICJ.
We do have prepaid meters with all those facilities snsand have had them for over 3 years. There are very few takers for them.
Regards
Sharat Bhargava


Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Larsen & Toubro Limited

www.larsentoubro.com

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient (s). If you are not the intended recipient, please do not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from your system.

No comments:

Post a Comment