Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 26 September 2015

RE: Thanks Mr. Parekh!


Dear Ratnam,


Thanks for writing

Tuesday , Dec 15 , is OK with us

As far as timing ( early or late lunch ) and venue is concerned , we have no issue to adjust to your / Usha's convenience


You may feel free to call me any time on ( M ) +91 ,98,67,55,08,08  or on Landline ( L ) +91,22,29206715

regards,

hcp

From: Srinivasa Ratnam [mailto:vanisri1@outlook.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 26, 2015 10:44 AM
To: Hemen Parekh
Subject: RE: Thanks Mr. Parekh!

Dear Mr. Parekh,
I waited until now for an email reply from GR; when it did not arrive, I called Dr.Usha Krishna at the telephone number you had given and made contact. (Thank you very much!)
Usha assured me she would have GR respond latest by Monday to my letter.
She also stated her preference to meet all of us on Tuesday, December 15th. 
When I mentioned your preference is to meet for lunch, she stated, as it is a working day for her, she could consider meeting for a late lunch 
(around 1 PM) preferably close to her place to facilitate her returning to work quickly.

In light of the above, is it possible to meet for early dinner somewhere between your place and Ramakrishna's?
Vani and I will be staying at Chembur.

Please review and let me know. If there are issues, we will certainly meet for lunch.

Regards,
Ratnam


From: vanisri1@outlook.com
To: hcp@recruitguru.com
Subject: Thanks Mr. Parekh!
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 09:37:26 -0700
Dear Mr. Parekh,
This is a quick reply to acknowledge receipt.
I will write to you in detail shortly.

Thanks for giving me the contact information for GR/ Usha. 
I will write to them today and invite to meet with us including you and Bharati during our December, 2015 Mumbai visit.

Vani and I just read about your multi-faceted activities and found them truly inspiring and motivating. 
Normal people seem to age and slow down in their mental and physical activities.
You seem to get more creative with vigor and enthusiasm!

If you could kindly give me a good telephone number for you, we will be very glad to call you.
Once again, thank you for the quick reply.

Regards,
Ratnam 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: hcp@recruitguru.com
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 11:09:33 +0530
Subject: RE: A letter after a very long gap (sent with profound apologies)
To: vanisri1@outlook.com
Dear Ratnam ,


It felt very good to hear about you / your family , after a long time

At the outset , here are coordinates of Dr Usha :

Mobile : +91 , 98201 , 34278 / 99202 , 95084

E mail :   drushark@gmail.com

I am glad to know that Vani and you will be in Mumbai in Dec . We eagerly await to meet you

As far as lunch ( we prefer ) is concerned , we will suit your convenience . Venue too , to suit you

We are glad that Usha / Ram can join us

Bharati / myself are generally keeping well . So are Vishesh / Niyati and Nirmit / Pooja

Our younger grand- daughter , Aneree returned from UK last month , after getting a post-graduate qualification in Psychology ( Child Development ) . Now , she has got a couple of job offers in Mumbai . Yet to decide

As far as my professional activities are concerned , I have stopped going to office for last 3 years

I spend morning hours writing blogs ( www.hemenparekh.in > Blogs ) and then posting on several relevant web sites as " Comments "

You will get a better picture if , in Google , you type............ hemen  parekh.........

But my current passion is my latest web site .........www.B2BmessageBlaster.com ( B2B )

I have conceptualized , designed , prepared logic and U/I

An outside party , writes code / develops / maintains

I spend my time promoting it and designing new features

But the most heartening news is that , MakeinIndia web site , ( launched by Shri Narendra Modi on 25 Sept 2014 ) , when it gets re-launched on this Friday ( 25 Sept 2015 ) , will carry on its home page ,( under tab , " Useful Links " ) , following hyperlinks to B2B :





It took me one year ( at least 100 emails ! ) , to persuade Shri Amitabh Kant ( Secretary , Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion - DIPP - Ministry of Commerce ) , to agree to provide these links

To best of my knowledge , this will be the first time in the history of Govt Web sites , that one of these will carry hyperlinks to the web site of a PRIVATE person !

Right now , Shri Amitabh Kant is in USA , preparing for various meetings of Shri Narendra Modi , with Industrialists / Businesses / Start Ups of USA

Kant will himself conduct one of the panel discussions ( with Start Ups ) , on 27th Sept at Hotel Freemont in San Jose

I had a personal , one-on-one meeting with Kant , in Mumbai , on 5th Sept

I will keep you informed about developments

with regards ,

hcp









From: Srinivasa Ratnam [mailto:vanisri1@outlook.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2015 10:28 AM
To: Hemen Parekh
Cc: Srinivasa Ratnam
Subject: RE: A letter after a very long gap (sent with profound apologies)

Dear Mr.Parekh and Bharati,
First of all, please accept my apologies for the long delay in mailing this letter.
Last time I corresponded with you was when your grand daughter just got married. Now we are so happy to read that you and Bharati are Great Grandparents; Congratulations!

Vani and I do talk about you both often, I resolve to write to or call you but, soon afterwards, some other priorities distract me from carrying this out.

I hope you, Bharati and rest of your family are doing fine. We sincerely hope both of you are enjoying robust health.

As far as our lives here, just a snapshot of the latest developments, just in the last year:
On the professional front, I finally retired last September after 15 terrific years at Intel Corporation and 52 years of continuous working since the day I joined PSW at Powai in 1962. 
Intel was exploring whether I could work at least part time. 
I would have liked this as well, but, having just completed 75 years, I felt it is very important to devote what is left of the active life at home and take Vani on travel to interesting parts of the world. Vani also endorsed the idea. So, here I am, happily retired, and still learning how to enjoy life without work!

On the personal side:
Last year, Vani and I lost our mothers in December, 2014 and August, 2014 respectively. 
These were the two very influential people in our lives and we continue to cherish their memories.
We traveled to Chennai to get the necessary rituals performed.

We went on a very enjoyable month+ long tour of Australia and New Zealand. In addition, we also went on a cruise-cum-land trip to Alaska recently.

A few years ago, I had a pacemaker installed due to Atrial fibrillation related issues. In addition, I am currently under medication to control the A-Fib.
Vani has spinal stenosis, which means a pinched nerve between her spinal discs. She experiences pain whenever she stands up too long.
So, here we are- two normally active individuals- somewhat constrained by these age related infirmities.
We continue to be active in our daily gym and cardiovascular activities, despite these setbacks. 

I am sure I informed you of our son's Krishna's wedding in 2011. Krishna and his wife, Becky, a native of Minneapolis, MN are practicing medicine (Krishna is a Nephrologist and Becky is a hospitalist in Internal Medicine) at San Diego, CA. They live happily at a beach town called La Jolla, CA, about 500 miles south of our home at Los Altos, CA. They have a 2 1/2 year old son, Connor Krishna and a 2 month old daughter by name Hannah Avani.

Please give us an update of your life and important happenings.

Moving forward:
We plan to visit India in December, 2015 to attend my mother-in-laws First Anniversary rites at Bangalore in early December, 15 and also participate in (Vani's) Brother-in-law's 80th Birthday celebrations (Called Sathabhishekam) in early January, 2016 at Chennai.
During the time In between, we are making arrangements to visit Varanasi, Gaya and environs in the North, Puri, Konark and Bhubaneswar in the East, Dwarka, Somnath, Porbandar in the West, Hyderabad, Ajanta, Ellora in the middle, before arriving at Coorg and Mysore to rest for a few days prior to proceeding to Chennai.
During these travels, we plan to spend the following days at Mumbai:
December 14, 2015- Monday  (PREFERABLE TO US)
December 15, 2015- Tuesday  (PREFERABLE TO US)
and
December 19, 2015- Saturday
December 20, 2015- Sunday

During our stay at Mumbai, Vani and I would like to take you and Bharati for dinner at a place convenient for you. 
We will be inviting GR and Usha to the same dinner. Hope it is fine with you.
It will be great to get together after such a long time.

Please review your own schedules and let me know which one of the above dates is convenient for you. 
If dinner time is inconvenient, we can meet for lunch. 
We eagerly look forward to hearing from you.

Our fondest regards to Bharati.

Regards,
PCSR


From: hcp@recruitguru.com
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 07:58:53 +0530
Subject: RE: A letter after a very long gap (sent with profound apologies)
To: vanisri1@outlook.com
Dear Ratnam


Many thanks for writing

Pl do send that eagerly awaited mail

Bharati often remembers you / Vani / Krishna

We are all good and proud great grand parents of Maia ( a daughter born to Vishesh's daughter Anokhee in Feb )

Rest after getting your mail

Regards to Vani

hcp

From: Srinivasa Ratnam [mailto:vanisri1@outlook.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2015 6:35 AM
To: hcp@recruitguru.com
Subject: A letter after a very long gap (sent with profound apologies)

Dear Mr. Parekh,
I have the letter written and all ready to mail, but decided to check whether this email ID is current.
If it is correct, please confirm and I will email my letter.

Please also give me your contact telephone number.

Much to communicate and much to hear from your side!

Fully trust yourself, Bharathi and sons with their families are doing well.

Regards,
PCSR (Ratnam)


No comments:

Post a Comment