Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 19 October 2023

Zinc Air Battery

 Shri Aravind Kumar Chandiran ( Asst Prof. Dept of Chemical engg / IIT – Madras / Ph : 91-44-22,57,41,54 )

 

Shri  Akhil Kongara ( Research Scholar , IIT Madras )

 

 

Dear Friends,

 

 

Just read about your development of Zinc-Air Battery , through following news reports :

 

 

 

 

IIT Madras Researchers Develop Next-Generation Battery Technology That Could Revolutionise Electric Mobility

 

IIT-M Researchers Develop Made-in-India EV Batteries 3 Times Cheaper Than Li-ion Cells

 

 

Apart from other numerous advantages of Zn-Air battery, what excited me most was the intriguing reference to “ Mechanically Rechargeable “ feature

 

How exactly ?

 

Like a stationary Bicycle ( on a stand )- and connected to a Electric Generator - where a person can just keep “ pedalling “ to produce an electric current, which, in turn, will charge the “ Zn Cassette “ ?

 

If yes, then you may be heralding a REVOLUTION of sorts !

 

Some 30 years ago, when Sam Pitroda introduced the concept of PCO ( Public Call Office ) – for millions of Indians who could not get / afford a telephone Landline at their homes – a MILLION PCOS sprung up on footpaths of every town in the country

 

If Zn-Air Cassette can be recharged by a “ pedalling bicycle “  then I imagine a million unemployed youth can set themselves up as SELF EMPLOYED , and roam the streets of India, shouting :

 

 

“  BATTERY  RECHARGE  WALA “  !

 

I anxiously await your clarification / comments on what I envisage

 

 

With regards,

 

Hemen Parekh

 

www.hemenparekh.in

 

 

Related Readings :

 

Ø Trying to beat Lithium-Ion Battery ? ………………………….[ 19 Sept 2020 ]

 

Ø A PM with “ Inside Information “ ? …………..[ 04 Feb 2020 ]

 

Ø How to reduce Carbon Emission to Net Zero ? ………… [ 25 July 2021 ]

 

Ø A Battery Swapping Policy for Battery-Powered Solar Cookers ? ………..[  25 March  2022 ]

 

Ø Manoj Bhargava : My Hero  ……………[ 21 May 2016 ]

 

Ø Billions  in  Change …………[ 06 Oct 2017 ]

 

Ø Every Building : a Battery Charging Station ?..........  [  26  Oct 2918 ]

No comments:

Post a Comment