Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 14 January 2019

Your Press Release re ALA CARTE selection of TV Channels


Shri Anil Kumar Bhardwaj-ji  (011- 23237922 )

Shri Arvind Kumarji  (  011-23220209  )


Dear Sirs,

I refer to your following Press Release :


It reads :

Consumer has complete freedom to choose their desired 100 Standard Definition (SD) channels within the network capacity fee of maximum Rs.130 I-.

The desired channels could be in A-Ia-carte Free to Air channels or Pay channels or bouquet of pay channels or any combination thereof.


The choice completely rests with the consumers.


I tried to reach you over the phone but could not ( busy / temporarily disconnected )

I have 2 tv connections from TATA SKY at my residence in ANDHERI – MUMBAI , for which , I have been ( so far ) forced to pay about Rs 14,000 per year – as a result of having to select certain BOUQUETS of channels – whether I needed all or not !


Hence, I am extremely thankful to TRAI for this PRESS  RELEASE , which enables me to select INDIVIDUAL TV CHANNELS of my choice , instead of entire BOUQETS


Unfortunately , upon visiting web site of TATA SKY just now , I found that there is no provision for ALA CARTE selection , unless , I first select ( forcibly ) , some BASIC PACK  !


This is totally contrary to your Press Release !


I urge you to inquire into this matter on an urgent basis and instruct TATA SKY to modify their ONLINE offering to truly reflect your instructions

With regards,

Hemen  Parekh


( M ) 98,67,55,08,08




No comments:

Post a Comment