Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 25 July 2017

FW: RIGHT TO PRIVACY


Dear Friends :

Thought you might like my today’s blog


Warm Regards,

Hemen Parekh
+91 98675 50808

From: Hemen Parekh [mailto:hcp@recruitguru.com]
Sent: 25 July 2017 12:27
To: L T Story
Cc: hcp@recruitguru.com
Subject: RIGHT TO PRIVACY

Dear Friends :

Thought you might like my today’s blog below


With Regards,

Hcp


Seeing  AI  through  Google  Glass  ?
=============

In my yesterday’s blog , I mentioned Microsoft’s Mobile app “ Seeing AI




It is supposed to “interpret the EMOTIONS “ of the person being photographed

Later , in the evening , when someone took my photo ( iPhone required ) , “ Seeing AI “ screen read ( it can SPEAK too , since it is meant for blind persons ) :


“ A 85 year old man with face showing neutral expression “


100 % correct  !  100 %  spooky  !


What would “ Seeing   AI “ tell you if you were to take a photo of ,

#   Now illegal currency note of Rs 1,000  ?

#   A 8 month pregnant woman ?


I do not want to spoil your amazement  !


Next year , I expect  “ Seeing AI “ ( an Android version ) to read / speak :


“ 86 years old Hemen Parekh , with an expression of amusement listening to the futile
  debate on Right to Privacy



And in another 3 years , no need for that intruder of your privacy, to carry a iPhone .


Just watch out for anyone wearing  the latest version / imitation of Google Glass and looking at you from 20 feet away (unfortunately , every glass-wearing person you meet in a Conference Room , cannot be sued for breach of privacy ! )


Not only will he READ on the glass screen , EVERYTHING about you , but also LISTEN every word that you are uttering ( lip-reading apps are already being experimented )


Eric Schmidt and Jared Cohen ( both from Google ) wrote in 2013 ,

“ The New Digital Age “( pg 56 ) :


“ Individuals will still have some discretion over what they share from their devices , but it will be IMPOSSIBLE to control what others capture and share “


To know what those devices would  “ capture and share “ about you , look up :




To keep your BP down and your Sanity up , resign to the inevitable !





25  July  2017







No comments:

Post a Comment