Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 19 May 2017

RE: OCR/ ICR Solution


Most welcome any time between 9 am – 1 pm


Warm Regards,

Hemen Parekh
+91 98675 50808

From: Vikas Ranga [mailto:vikas@hypothizer.com]
Sent: 19 May 2017 15:01
To: Hemen Parekh
Subject: Re: OCR/ ICR Solution

Thanks for reply. 
Can we have call tomorrow morning?

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 12:05 PM Hemen Parekh <hcp@recruitguru.com> wrote:
Dear Vikas,

Many thanks for writing and offering your help

Before phoning you, I thought of providing you with my brief background ( some of which, you will find on …www.hemenparekh.in  )

After working with L&T for over 30 years ( 1959-90 ), I retired to set up a headhunting firm ( www.3pConsultants.co.in ) in April 1990

I pulled out of active role in 2004 . My son , Nirmit manages it now

I launched our first job portal ( www.3pjobs.com  ) in Nov 1997 ( now re-named 3pConsultants  )

In the subsequent 20 years, I launched :

·         www.StrategicHr.co.in
·          
·         www.CustomizeResume.com
·          
·         www.B2BmessageBlaster.com
·          

Also launched and de-hosted :

·         www.RecruitGuru.com
·          
·         www.World-Wide-Jobs.com
·          
·         www.GlobalRecruiter.net ( visible )
·          
·         www.IndiaRecruiter.net ( partly visible )
·          
·         Resume Rater ( offline tool / stopped )
·          
During past 27 years , I wrote many handwritten notes to my colleagues ( mostly s/w developers ), re the concepts / logic of the above-mentioned portals ( including U/I and page write-ups )

I believe the total no of these handwritten pages run close to 10,000 +

About 2 years back , I hired a typist , to type and upload these notes on my blogging site (  www.hemenparekh.in ) in REPORTS section

So far , we have managed to upload , only a few hundred pages !

Following will give you an idea of those handwritten notes :

·         Online Jobs Fair

Over the past 2 years , I have tried to guide / mentor , a few start-ups in the “ Online Recruitment “ domain , by making available to them , photo-copies of my notes ( absolutely FREE and without any obligation )

In a few cases , I have , even gave away the Source Codes !

This is a tedious process !

If I can OCR and upload my notes , then a large number of start ups can benefit

Right now , I am helping one Mumbai-based start up to improve their “ Resume Parsing Engine “ and develop a “ Candidate Shortlisting Algorithm “ using our database of some 25,000 Senior Executive ( candidates ) , which helped us appoint , some 1200 positions ( through 5 stages of interview-based elimination ) , over the past 7 years

Since I do not have the email ID of Umashankar , I request you to forward this mail to him , since , he too is in the business of “ Matchmaking “ between Recruiters and Jobseekers

Feel free to phone me on any day ( except , between 2pm to 4 pm )






Warm Regards,

Hemen Parekh / Marol / Mumbai



From: Vikas Ranga [mailto:vikas@hypothizer.com]
Sent: 19 May 2017 00:20
To: hcp@recruitguru.com
Subject: OCR/ ICR Solution

Dear Shri Parekh,
This is in reference to your LinkedIn conversation with Umashankar about your requirement in ICR/ OCR. 
I am Vikas Ranga, Co-founder & CEO at Hypothizer. 
Please let me know when can we have short call to discuss more? 

Following is brief note on Hypothizer:
Hypothizer has product for handwriting recognition using AI. We are currently implementing it in BFSI & Health sector to automate manual data entry works from hand-filled forms using AI. Current OCR & ICR software are not accurate enough on hand-filled data to deploy. We use state of the art Deep Learning algorithms along with Human Intelligence to bring unprecedented accuracy.
Hypothizer was founded by three IIT Roorkee and 1 University of Twente Alumni. Founding team has more than 15 years of combined industry experience. Our board of advisors are from IIT Roorkee & IIT Delhi, and we are member of NVidia Inception Program and Y-Combinator Startup School. 
--
Thanks & regards
Vikas Ranga
Co-founder & CEO, Hypothizer
--
Thanks & regards
Vikas Ranga
Co-founder & CEO, Hypothizer
+91 - 9527 119003

No comments:

Post a Comment