Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 11 May 2024

ANIMATING MY FACE ON VIRTUAL AVATAR WEBSITE

 Kishan ,

 

We have talked about this for a long time. A few months ago , you even sent to me a sample which showed my lips moving / synced with the text being read out ( approximating my own voice – though not 100 % )

 

But your calculation showed that each spoken answer could cost us around Rs 16 . Hence we gave up that idea

 

A few weeks ago , I got “ connected “ with Divyendra Singh Jadoun , owner of a deep fake generating company > https://theindiandeepfaker.com/pricing/

 

I wrote to him if he could animate my face ( on Virtual Avatar ) and lip-sync with the text . This led to an exchange of messages on Whatsapp – and email ( reproduced below )

 

You will notice that he has avoided answering my last message ( re: possible price reduction ) but agreed to discuss with you the “ technicalities “ involved

 

Please phone him on >  8302615955

 

Questions about which we need to have a better understanding ( to be found out diplomatically ) :

 

Ø  He is talking about having to “ buy “ some software for our job . What is this ? An outright purchase or a license ? Who gets future upgrades ?

Ø Will it be installed on our Big Rock server with EXCLUSIVE ACCESS only to you / Sandeep ? No access / use by Divyendra’s team ?

Ø Can we use it in future to “ animate “ any other faces ( of my deceased family members ) – like my parent’s photos ?

Ø For future possible use , would we need to depend on him or can we do it on our own ? Depends on whose “ name “ is that purchase / license registered by the manufacturer . If it is in the name of Divyendra , we may not be able to use it on our own , independently. At the same time , we are NOT in the business of making DEEP FAKE and do not need to “ OWN “ the software . If the software is in their name , surely they will use it , not only for our order but for a large number of their future customers. Hence the initial cost / investment should get distributed over a large number of orders. If so , they should recover from us, only a small percentage of the cost

Ø Does his quoted price ( Rs 69,000 ) depend upon 26 languages ? Can it come down for only 9 Indian languages ? Alternately , if this software is installed on Big Rock server , can we add ( say ) another 50 languages, on our own , WITHOUT incurring any additional cost ?

 

Through a separate email , I will send your mobile no to Divyendra , telling him that you will phone him

 

Hcp

No comments:

Post a Comment