Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday 1 February 2015

E MAIL RESEARCH


Dear Team


Yesterday , Shoptimize blasted its message , for which , Netcore gives following statistics :

*      Requests............904

*      Processed.......... 897  ( 99.23 % )

*      Sent................. 895  ( 99.78 % )

*      Delivered.......... 343  (  38.3 %  )

*      Bounced........... 552   (  61.7 %  )

*      Open............... 18      ( 5.25  %  )


We have recognized this ( bouncing ) as a MAJOR weakness of our Email database

But so far , we have not found any satisfactory - and FAST - method of validating our 2.28 lakh email IDs


So , this morning , I experimented a little to see if we can find some such QUICK method


From Netcore Logs ( for 31 Jan 2015 ) , I selected :


>  " Sent " emails................         5 no

>  " Hard Bounced " emails............5 no

>  "  Soft Bounced " emails............ 7 nos


To all of these 17 , I sent an email ( Zero Cost Marketing ) thru Outlook ( cc to you )

8  of these were " rejected by Server "

>  4 out of 7 of " HARD BOUNCE " type

>  1 out of 5 of " SENT " type

>  3 out of 5 of  " SOFT BOUNCE " type


I did one more thing


One by one , I entered these email ids , in Google and searched

In  14  instances , that ( typed ) email ID , turned up in the VERY FIRST link of the search results ! - in BOLD too !

Does that mean that :

>    Email IDs which Netcore showed as  " Soft Bounce / Hard Bounce "  are actually  VALID  ?

>    Reason for that " Bouncing " has some other reason ? ( other than the VALIDITY of those email IDs ? )


I request Shuklendu , to talk to Tanishq ( Netcore ) and understand why this ( bouncing ) happens


This experiment also opens up a QUICK method of checking / verifying , the VALIDITY of our 2.28 lakh email Ids , as follows :

We develop a software which picks up from our 2.28 lakh database , one email id , at a time , and inserts into Google Search bar

Then it searches in the very first link ( of the results ) whether that email Id is present


If found " YES " ... >>  put into  VALID  folder

If  found " NO ".... >>  put into INVALID folder


Take those in INVALID folder , and replace term before  ....@ with " contact "

Then re-insert this MODIFIED email ids ( one at a time ) into Google search bar and compare ONCE AGAIN

Again separate into VALID / INVALID folders

Repeat the process by changing the prefixes ( ......)@..... , to ,

>  sales

>  marketing

>  info........etc


May be such a tool could be made to VALIDATE each incoming Email Id ( from Jobs RSS feeds )

I would appreciate your feedback on this proposal

hcp
 

No comments:

Post a Comment