Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 5 July 2013

DataMining Project for Rohini


Shivanand
Pl forward this mail to Rohini
Hcp


Dear Rohini

During our discussions yesterday , you expressed your desire to work on some project involving Data mining
At that time , I mentioned that we have a database of over 5 million job advts , downloaded over the past 6 / 7 years from various job portals of India
Each job advt database consists of :

Ø Advt ID
Ø Designation ( being advertised )
Ø Company Name
Ø Job Description
Ø Desired Profile
Ø Compensation
Ø Experience ( desired ) – Years
Ø Industry Type
Ø Education
Ø Location ( Posting City )
Ø Keywords
Ø Post Date
Ø Expiry Date

Some years back , ( when our website , www.World-Wide-Jobs.com , was up and running ) , we had developed a feature to analyze this database and display the findings visually , in different ways
We were displaying PIE-CHARTS of :
Ø Industry-wise Jobs
Ø City-wise Jobs
I attach a Sample

You will observe that , with a much larger database available now , it is possible to analyze / display the “ No of Jobs “ , in many more ways
Not only that , it should be possible to analyze this huge database to predict the future expected PATTERN of the occurrence of jobs , in many different ways !
Beyond that , it should be possible to evolve some sort of an EXPERT SYSTEM , by extracting patterns that tell us ,
Ø IF this , THAN that
Ø IF this , THAN not that
Type of DECISION RULES !
I have already written down a few such possible RULES , that I can send you later , in case you wish to take up this project
If you do , I can even prepare U/I of a web page that will enable any visitor to search such co-relations amongst various data fields
Considering that , currently , we are downloading approx 1,000 job advts EVERY DAY , this would refine and improve as time goes by
Pl let me know in case of interest

hcp


No comments:

Post a Comment