Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 23 September 2011

Re: SpamSize of JOBS icon


Thanks a lot for your suggestions humanoid.

Regards
Revathi
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from !DEA

From: "Hemen Parekh" <hcp@recruitguru.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 10:12:32 +0530
To: 'Team SiteonMobile'<siteonmobile@gmail.com>
Cc: <shuklendu.baji@sentientsystems.net>; <kailas@3pconsultants.co.in>
Subject: Spam Size of JOBS icon

Revathi



Last few minutes, I was looking at various icons on my phone as well as on iPad

I found that

Ø Icons on mobile screen appear to be  5  mm square

Ø Icons on iPad are  14  mm square

Great majority of icons are square with rounded corners

Most icon carry below the square, a brief description of one/two words

iPad icons , [ being bigger in size ? ] , often carry , within the square, one or two words, often the same words which appear below the square

Mobile phone icons rarely carry any word within the square – obviously due to size-limitation

In iPad, I found, icons of a few job portals such as ; Indeed.com / JobsDB.com / Beyond.com / TimesJobs.com etc

Since the screens of both , iPad as well as a Mobile , are  BLACK , many icons are rendered in   LIGHT  BLUE   or  LIGHT  YELLOW   colors – in order to provide a good contrast and resultant better legibility

Because of size limitation, I cannot think of any IMAGE which would, intuitively convey to the user that this icon has something to do with jobs / job alerts / finding of jobs etc

Hence we must fall back on some  WORD  to convey this message

Only word [ in English language ], which could convey this meaning to people of all countries, is  ”  JOBS “

Therefore, perhaps , the ideal icon for our widget could be :

Ø A square with rounded corners

Ø Word  “ JOBS “ appearing inside the square

Ø Square to be solid sky-blue ( see icon of MySpace )

Ø Word “ JOBS “ in contrasting yellow lines

Ø Word “ JOBS “ to also appear below the square


Please treat these as mere suggestions. Final decision rests with you

Regards

hemen



No comments:

Post a Comment