Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 13 October 2023

NON - ENGLISH CONTENT

 Suman / Sahiti,

 

 

 

I just came across following :

 

Ø  Introducing Whisper    /    21  Sept  2022

It reads :

Ø  We’ve trained and are open-sourcing a neural net called Whisper that approaches human level robustness and accuracy on English speech recognition.

 

Ø   Moreover, it enables transcription in multiple languages, as well as translation from those languages into English.

 

 

Ø  About a third of Whisper’s audio dataset is non-English, and it is alternately given the task of transcribing in the original language or translating to English. We find this approach is particularly effective at learning speech to text translation

 

Ø  We hope Whisper’s high accuracy and ease of use will allow developers to add voice interfaces to a much wider set of applications. Check out the papermodel card, and code to learn more details and to try out Whisper.

 

 

You might recollect that :

 

 

Ø  Hundreds of documents uploaded / copy-paste ( as image ) on personal.ai ( from www.hemenparekh.in ) , are in Gujarati and Hindi ( NON – ENGLISH ). These include, close to 700 poems and 650 hand-written letters sent to me by relatives / friends over past 60 years

 

Ø  Then there are several hundred ( non-English and English ) “ handwritten “documents which are still lying around which we have NOT uploaded so far on Personal.ai

 

 

 

I hope someday soon , personal.ai has WHISPER built in ( API is available for FREE from OpenAI web site ) so that, I can just read aloud those documents for converting into Memory Blocks

 

Regards,

 

hemen



No comments:

Post a Comment